JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What moving company are you using? Are the guns going to be insured?
Colonial Van Lines 1-800-970-7498 Looked for them on Google. Good reviews. They looked at my home on Zillow and could see furniture and all. Even inside my shop! We worked the bid-cost by phone and almost immediately had estimate. Some companies never called me back. Insurance: Insurance is offered through a different company, two types. One is basic and included. The other is declared value, no serial numbers or such. The second is more expensive. Checked with my homeowner and my coverage is good for 30 days once the truck is loaded.

We are looking north of Phoenix as well just not as far north. Around the cave creek, Anthem area.
Were seriously looking Dewey - Humbolt area. They have less heat. Chino Valley looked promising. Liked Eastern Arizona very much but most towns were way to small for my beautiful wife. Looked at Silver City NM. Beautiful and reasonable prices and small community. New Mexico is as bad as Oregon: taxes, gun laws, sanctuary cities et. al.

Were seriously looking Dewey - Humbolt area. They have less heat. Chino Valley looked promising. Liked Eastern Arizona very much but most towns were way to small for my beautiful wife. Looked at Silver City NM. Beautiful and reasonable prices and small community. New Mexico is as bad as Oregon: taxes, gun laws, sanctuary cities et. al.

I don't mind the heat. I'd rather go from air conditioner to air conditioner for three months than stay here and go from heater to heater for six months and look at the rain for one more damn day!:confused:

I don't mind the heat. I'd rather go from air conditioner to air conditioner for three months than stay here and go from heater to heater for six months and look at the rain for one more damn day!:confused:

Good luck finding an AC at an outdoor shooting area! It's tough to find that perfect time of year in the hot climates when you can truly enjoy the outdoors. A friend moved from here in Oregon to Arizona, and he laments this one part of the move. He said they have less months they can enjoy the outdoors there than they had here. Just too hot many months to be outside long unless they're in the car headed to an indoor venue with AC.

Good luck finding an AC at an outdoor shooting area! It's tough to find that perfect time of year in the hot climates when you can truly enjoy the outdoors. A friend moved from here in Oregon to Arizona, and he laments this one part of the move. He said they have less months they can enjoy the outdoors there than they had here. Just too hot many months to be outside long unless they're in the car headed to an indoor venue with AC.
My area, around Kingman, Arizona starts at 3500 feet elevation. My new home is at a higher elevation. An hour away it's 500-700 foot elevation and experiences the terrible heat. I shoot at Emerald Empire all year and some days the damps cold is painful! I will miss Oregon Spring/Summer and gardening and eating blueberries and fruit from my property. I will not miss the lengthy cloud covered months and the constant battle against rust, moss, sanctuary nonsense, gun control advocates.

Been to AZ plenty of times. Only about four months where you can't get out. I don't see the issue but I guess to each there own.

I guess I don't see as much issue with Oregon weather, nor problems getting outside all year round? I would appreciate more days with sun, but don't want all the over 90 degree and certainly not the over 100 degree days! Plus I like the greenery of Oregon, and don't really ever have any rust issues, unless I forgot and left my guns or tools outside all winter.
I drive my old cars all winter, but just wait for those days when it's dry to do so. A little cool on those dry winter days, but at least I don't have any days outside in the summer when it's ever too hot to go shoot, or drive my old cars.

I guess I don't see as much issue with Oregon weather, nor problems getting outside all year round? I would appreciate more days with sun, but don't want all the over 90 degree and certainly not the over 100 degree days! Plus I like the greenery of Oregon, and don't really ever have any rust issues, unless I forgot and left my guns or tools outside all winter.
I drive my old cars all winter, but just wait for those days when it's dry to do so. A little cool on those dry winter days, but at least I don't have any days outside in the summer when it's ever too hot to go shoot, or drive my old cars.
There are many places in Arizona where heat doesn't control life, four seasons. Will miss the beautiful Oregon days, my energy levels and mood are affected by lack of sunshine. Left Alaska for same reasons. Fresh air and sunshine and gun-friendly folks are good for the heart and soul. Not heading to retirement community. Old enough, not my life style choice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top