JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Ruger Mk1 I bought off another member here. I love the way this gun shoots more than any of my other 22's. The problem is that the sights are off. At 50 yards it shoots 16" high and 12" to the right. The groups are tight, just not where I want them. So can a gunsmith move the sights that are dovetailed in and shave the front sight or whatever needs to be done easily? My other thought is to have it drilled and tapped, but Id rather not if I can help it. Any suggestions?

Buy a adjustable rear replacment sight and you problems are over. no shaving of the sights. the rear can be drifted out and the new one drifted in. use a brass drift and go easy on it.

You can drift the rear sight to the left to adjust for your windage issue. To get the group lower you need either a higher front sight or a lower rear sight. You can try to file the top of the rear sight and that would work. It wouldn't hurt to try.....replacement sights are cheap.

I bought one new and faced the same problem, but not that severe. Sent it in and front and rear replacement were made. The rear is adjustable and I think the front is slightly taller than the orginal. Great shooter that puts the rounds where they belong. Don't remember the cost, but it seemed you really wanted to want it done to justify the cost. The price paid new was $47.50!:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top