JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The most local movie when I was a teen was Vision Quest, filmed in Spokane, WA.

Featured Matt Modine and the hottest girl I had seen up to that point in my young life, Linda Fiorentino. Also was Madonna's first appearance on the big screen, IIRC.

View attachment 568551

I worked for the Davenport Hotel when that movie was filmed. The gym scenes and the school scenes were shot up at Mead High School. There is a scene where the 2 main characters are walking down the street in the evening in front of a car lot. That was filmed on W 1st ave in the wrong direction that traffic usually flows. They also filmed a scene by the river somewhere. A lot of the cast and crew stayed at the Davenport Hotel during the filming.

A great many wonderful movies have made in the PNW, but sadly, with actors I really like, "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" is one of the top ten worst movies ever made.

A great many wonderful movies have made in the PNW, but sadly, with actors I really like, "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" is one of the top ten worst movies ever made.
Blasphemy!!

Actually, it was pretty awful... The cars and scenery were the only saving grace that allowed me to finish it, lol.

I watched Escape from New York a year or so ago for the first time ever and could not believe how completely awful it was. I was thoroughly roasted on the gun forum I posted my opinion on. And the original Blade Runner was also tortuous to watch. And again, I was told how ignorant I was to not recognize the cinematic quality and impact it had. Whatever...

Sometimes a Great Notion
The Hunted
Bend of the River
Prefontaine
Emperor of the North

Last Edited:
I fish on the Siletz river right in front of that house

Ya mean the house that was supposed to be tore down as soon as the movie was finished?

Universal Studios originally planned to burn the late-Victorian house, but was not allowed to because of the fire danger.

4c993d78cdc6f.image.jpg

Another boring story:rolleyes:...

I was in the Dallas airport some years back. Happened to meet a gal from Lincoln City. She said she lived there her whole life. I asked, "which town"? She again replied Lincoln City. I again asked which town? Then she got it. She was from Taft. If you're old enough to remember, Lincoln City became a town only after the merger of numerous smaller towns in the area. When I was a kid, there was no Lincoln City.

Anyway, I asked if she remembered the movie. Oh yes! She was in the movie! She said there is a scene of a Ford Falcon driving along a road, and she was the driver.:cool:

Movie stars just seem to be attracted to me.:cool: One of my musician friends was in the rifle squad in the Animal House parade.
600px-AnimalH_03.jpg

Last Edited:
Kindergarten Cop

I remember as a young person seeing the shooting of said, with Arnie on set. Later, my mother and my wife (teacher's aid and substitute teacher, respectively) worked at that school.

Frankly, it was a pretty crap film, but did provide one of my most favorite sound effects:

:s0114:

I remember as a young person seeing the shooting of said, with Arnie on set. Later, my mother and my wife (teacher's aid and substitute teacher, respectively) worked at that school.

Frankly, it was a pretty crap film, but did provide one of my most favorite sound effects:

:s0114:

I agree, probably not a great movie, but I'm simple and am easily entertained, especially when I'm picking out local landmarks.:cool:

A total departure of the intention of this thread, but the demise of Astoria is so sad. Such a beautiful, wonderful, thriving town, with the loss of canneries, logging, sawmills, and fishing, is now reduced to a tourist dot on a map.

I agree, probably not a great movie, but I'm simple and am easily entertained, especially when I'm picking out local landmarks.:cool:

A total departure of the intention of this thread, but the demise of Astoria is so sad. Such a beautiful, wonderful, thriving town, with the loss of canneries, fishing, logging, sawmills, and fishing, is now reduced to a tourist dot on a map.

Sorry to hear that. It has been well over a decade since I've been back there (for a wedding and a funeral, albeit different people). I never could get passed the climate of that area (good God, the rain), so was only too happy when I left. However, there is no disputing the charm. And, as you mentioned, there was a time when it was a prosperous place.

Bringing us back on topic, the weird alien picture Fire in the Sky was filmed in Oregon, though I believe the alleged events were in Arizona. I never was into the genre, though my younger brothers could not get enough of the alien abduction stuff and would watch that film all the time back in the day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top