JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I concede that this is probably REALLY old news....

But I was browsing the Internet Movie Firearms Data Base (after watching Skyfall... which I loved by the way... seen it three times so far).. and I ended up reading up on a movie that I really like... Road to Perdition.

I was disappointed (in myself and the movie) to find out about this scene, where Sullivan kills Connor, and Tom Hanks uses this fake gun that doesn't cycle, or eject any brass.

In some shots where an actor is required to fire the 1911 close to another actor, a 1911 "Non Gun" is substituted. Non Guns are electronically-operated and discharge small explosive squibs that make a flash and produce smoke, but they do not eject shell casings or have any moving parts besides the trigger. Sullivan can be seen using a non-gun when he kills Connor Rooney. This is obvious, as the gun fires three times, but no casings are seen leaving the weapon (they are heard hitting the ground), the slide never cycles, and the gun is seen firing with the hammer down, even though it is a single action pistol.

Connor Kill - YouTube

This one scene sort of ruins an otherwise really great movie for me. I love this movie. Now it will always be a little "flawed".

So... just for fun.. what other movies have gun faux pas that you have noticed or that bug you?

It always bothered me that in the movie Sergeant York, Gary Cooper had to use a Luger in a key scene rather than a 1911. I guess the 1911 would not cycle using blanks, hence the decision to have him use the Luger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top