Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Movie Review: World War Z

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by theficklefinger, Jun 26, 2013.

1. theficklefinger

theficklefinger Eugene New Member

I've seen it twice. In a nutshell, even if you aren't interested in seeing it, it will give you some scenarios to chew on with regard to your tactics, firearms, bug out strategies.

2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Any decent survivalist scenes?.. or is it just all the initial panic?
    May see it tonight.

3. theficklefinger

theficklefinger Eugene New Member

Lot's of running and gunning. No doubt running around in the woods and building fires would be about a 1000 times easier then this scenario.

4. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

It's a zombie novel/movie. That's all that needs to be said in order for me to completely ignore it.

5. redhippie

redhippie People's republic of PDX Active Member

I saw it a few days ago and remember commenting to myself that the Bug-Out folks must be loving it. The philosophy of the movie was "movement is life". According to the Walking Dead, it seems like those folks who do a good job of fortressing up do pretty well. I'll refer this debate over to IO9.

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

It was a solid 'C'. Not great, but not horrible. Without the Zombie outside the lab clacking away with his teeth before Brad pushed the button to go face to face, it would have been a C-.

7. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

The book is excellent. The movie has virtually nothing to do with the book. Solid brainless action movie.

Max Brooks other book, Zombie Survival Guide, is an amusing and oddly serious quick guide to surviving the zombie horde. Worth a read if you get the chance.