JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saw it on Prime.

It was good - not something I would bother seeing in a theatre though (I don't think I will bother with theaters ever again for that matter - now that I can pay to see it at home just as quickly).

I do like movies that are not predictable, and this one was halfway decent about that. I would say they could have been better about the weapons; as you say, bigger caliber, better ammo (you would think that in 30 years they would have better ammo), grenades (I don't recall seeing any grenades, just grenade launchers) and personally I would have melee weapons like a Kukri/machete and a combat hawk. Oh, and better armor.

I just watched it on Prime today too.
It was pretty OK.
Went to the theater for the first time in decades a few weeks ago and saw A Quiet Place 2 with a gal.. it was pretty good but I think I should see a doctor because every jump scare scared her to death but I never even blinked.

If they were able to travel into the past….
…. Why wouldn't they use those 30 years to develop the weapons they know they need? Oh, and not bring their parents to the future to be killed so they themselves, would either never have been born, or grow up orphans?

please Lord, save us from time travel movies! :s0141:

Saw this on reddit:

Basically, bad gun selection for the soldiers and (implied) what gun would you take to such a war?

My answer:

The guns used in any movie are all about what the director thinks will look kewl (including the use of the gun), not what is actually an effective or appropriate gun for the story. The other factors are: cost, what the gun provider has on hand (especially if a lot of the actors are going to be using the same gun - in TW that was the case) and what is easiest for the actors to use.

Remember the guy what was on his third tour - he had a shotgun - limited ammo capacity, and limited range, but made for a badass looking long gun? Maybe a veteran of the TW would have actually chose a belt fed LMG (FN 240 or SIG MG 338) instead if he were going up against multiple hard to kill aliens.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top