JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Premise is from an OS star trek episode. And thats probably from somewhere as well.
My woman and i are still going to see it.
We were talking about the premise itself and it seems like the idea of a kind of "get away with anything day" is for the "have-nots" and thus it would just turn into a looting and rape day marathon.

Looked stoopid to me! "If you don't give our prey up too us we will kill you all!" Really! This is a .308 battle rifle and I reckon if I clear my front yard messily enough the rest of you scum will leave!

Seems like a dystopian premise + home invasion-style horror movie.

If this ish went down in real life, imagine - what would stop rich people from hiring their own private mercenary armies and using said armies to murder / loot / burn any and all perceived threats, including competing companies or consumer critics? Or religious groups waging their own private purges against Jews / Muslims / Atheists / Catholics / Mormons? I doubt total anarchy could be controlled in just a 12 hour time span, but it does make sense that only the rich would be able to afford live in a home fortress while the rest of regular folks are subjected to unrestricted violence via random criminal and/or vendetta from someone you offended sometime during the year.

The idea of lawless mob violence / slaughter of undesirables isn't new in human history, BTW.

Jewish pogroms and the Spanish Inquisition in Medieval Times. Various Native American tribes, either through direct action or omission of action by the US government, have had land seized, homes burned, and people murdered / forcibly relocated. Seattle had anti-Chinese riots in 1886, the Nazis had Kristallnacht, Mao's "Cultural Revolution", and during the LA riots after the Rodney King trials, Korean businesses were purposely targeted.

The only thing that helped many Koreans protect their livelihoods and lives? Yep... OWNING GUNS.

Korean store owners defend their business during the 1992 LA riots. - YouTube

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads