JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Yeah, well, THAT move is a different genre in MY book. Still an incredible piece of art in my opinion, but not what I consider a "Cowboy/Western" Movie. Incidentally, I made sure to get Blazing Saddles on disc because I could see it possible that someone would see to it that it was cut and never ran with the original script again.

Last Edited:
Yeah, well, THAT move is is a different genre in MY book. Still an incredible piece of art in my opinion, but not what I consider a "Cowboy/Western" Movie.

Yes - total satire.

Incidentally, I made sure to get Blazing Saddles on disc because I could see it possible that someone would see to it that it was cut and never ran with the original script again.

I actually rarely watch movies. Last time I went to the theater was maybe last year, and even that was for a documentary (the very excellent WW1 film "They Shall Not Grow Old")... so I can't say that these things really bother me so much as I find them silly.

Gun related:
1. The exaggerated effectiveness of a suppressor. Even inside a building it apparently allows someone to go around shooting multiple henchmen without attracting the attention of the rest.
2. Time/place incorrect firearms. Recall seeing ads for some Normandy landing "docu-series" which featured US soldiers armed with Mosins. Didn't end up watching the series but wondered if they made the Mosins fire semi-auto like a Garand.

Not gun-related:
1. Bombs are always defused at the last second and never with a comfortable margin.
2. Blankets are apparently all L-shaped, and always oriented in a way that covers the girl from the neck down but leave the dude bare chested.
3. All surveillance footage can apparently instantly be enhanced and render faces instantly identifiable, sometimes even rendering additional angles. On a serious note, this would have been handy for a coworker of mine who had a family member hit by a hit-and-run driver, with the only footage available bordering on useless.

I read more books than watch movies. What bugs me is when hero clicks the safety off on his revolver. Or someone has a suppressed revolver. Or someone makes a statement that handguns cant hit anything beyond some ridiculously short distance, like 50 feet. Or less. Or good guy, who supposedly is knowledgeable about firearms, goes out to a known potentially dangerous situation with a mouse gun or mouse caliber such as .380 when he could have carried a full size handgun in 9mm or bigger caliber.

I get a chuckle when an entire program/movie is based on some goofy premise...like, inter-dimensional time travel, Wizards or some other fun nonsense....
....and the big complaint is that the Hero flicks off the safety on his Glock or racks his revolver.
But not a word about the Hero teleporting to the year 2346, where he shoots the "Light-Monster from Dimension X", while in space, without a suit.

Now in a Historical or serious drama... I can understand the concern when Daniel Boone slaps another mag in his flintlock!

Last Edited:
I get a chuckle when an entire program/movie is based on some goofy premise...like, inter-dimensional time travel, Wizards or some other fun nonsense....
....and the big complaint is that the Hero flicks off the safety on his Glock or racks his revolver.
But not a word about the Hero teleporting to the year 2346, where he shoots the "Light-Monster from Dimension X", while in space, without a suit.

Now in a Historical or serious drama... I can understand the concern when Daniel Boone slaps another mag in his flintlock!

Yeah, no schit! We can see where everyone's priorities are at.

Yeah, no schit! We can see where everyone's priorities are at.

How's the leg today?

Yup, I'm not a fan of time travel, or interdimensional stuff. Tho I did enjoy Fringe for awhile. I prefer monster movies. Those that are fairly straight up, not needing a lot of thought, just pure entertainment. The Predator series you mentioned is a fav. Not sure what the new one is... but there were a few bombs in there. Not sure why Predator vs Alien got panned so badly, I liked it a lot. Have it on DVD and watch at least once a year.

BTW folks, there is a Youtube channel called "Cinema Sins" with a series of "Everything Wrong With xyz" movie. The guy is usually fairly sharp, pans everything in about 100 (edit: 617) popular movies, such as Godzilla, Batman, Spiderman etc. You have to listen carefully because he talks very quickly and throws a lot at you. I excuse his political barbs because they don't happen often. CinemaSins

How's the leg today?

Yup, I'm not a fan of time travel, or interdimensional stuff. Tho I did enjoy Fringe for awhile. I prefer monster movies. Those that are fairly straight up, not needing a lot of thought, just pure entertainment. The Predator series you mentioned is a fav. Not sure what the new one is... but there were a few bombs in there. Not sure why Predator vs Alien got panned so badly, I liked it a lot. Have it on DVD and watch at least once a year.

BTW folks, there is a Youtube channel called "Cinema Sins" with a series of "Everything Wrong With xyz" movie. The guy is usually fairly sharp, pans everything in about 100 (edit: 617) popular movies, such as Godzilla, Batman, Spiderman etc. You have to listen carefully because he talks very quickly and throws a lot at you. I excuse his political barbs because they don't happen often. CinemaSins

The nerve block is wore off, so its smarted up pretty good.

Its funny you mentioned the Predator. In the most recent one, the female scientist becomes this super operator out if nowhere. Nevermind aliens and all that, I was more focused in her instant ability to move, shoot, and reload like an expert!

I could, but they stop me up something fierce. 800mg Ibuprofen seems to keep enough inflammation out of it to make it bearable.

#MeToo if I take them for more than 2 days. Then I can't take a leak either. My docs don't want me taking ibuprofen so I take gabapentin... it makes one drowsy too, which can help with rest. You might add it if the ibuprofen is not doing everything you wish.

#toughingitout

Any Jackazz that shoots their pistol sideways...
Jackass.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top