JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I had a naval 16 inch gun, I could fire it at maximum range and just about hit Port Hadlock from where I live. A straight line across the water. But I don't get over that way often, the nuisance and cost of a ferry crossing and back is discouraging. Within the past year, I've crossed three times and prior to that, hadn't been over that way in ten years. A person can call where they live whatever they want, but I think of Port Hadlock as northern Puget Sound, rather than on the Oly. Pennisula. Which it actually is connected to. I have one semi-distant relative who lives out at Forks, now that's pennisula. Oh, and welcome aboard.

If I had a naval 16 inch gun, I could fire it at maximum range and just about hit Port Hadlock from where I live. A straight line across the water. But I don't get over that way often, the nuisance and cost of a ferry crossing and back is discouraging. Within the past year, I've crossed three times and prior to that, hadn't been over that way in ten years. A person can call where they live whatever they want, but I think of Port Hadlock as northern Puget Sound, rather than on the Oly. Pennisula. Which it actually is connected to. I have one semi-distant relative who lives out at Forks, now that's pennisula. Oh, and welcome aboard.
Well, thanks for the welcome.
I'm in Hadlock 🤣
I hate that the ferry they run out here is such a pain in the bubblegum!
I would have crossed more often.
Been here for a few years now actually,
But I keep running back to Montana as much as possible.
Been trying to enjoy how damn beautiful it is here as well… but I work too much.
Meanwhile there's panhandlers outside the co-op
making enough to walk down the street a couple hours later and hop into a newer car than I drive 😬

I hate that the ferry they run out here is such a pain in the bubblegum!
I would have crossed more often.
Been here for a few years now actually,
But I keep running back to Montana as much as possible.
Been trying to enjoy how damn beautiful it is here as well
The cheapest way for me to get over to around where you live is taking two ferries. I can park my car at the Mukilteo dock, walk aboard the ferry and cross over to Clinton on Whidbey Is., then take two buses (Island Transit is free) to Fort Casey near Coupeville, then walk aboard another ferry there that goes on over to Port Townsend. Takes forever. Of course, I don't have a car when I get there and that's the expensive part of crossing on the ferry. The PT-Coupeville ferry doesn't run all that often like some of the more heavily used routes. And, when they are short a ferry, it's one of the first routes the system curtails.

My relative who lives in Forks moved up here from Florida late last year. I told her, "Don't think this long dry spell is typical Washington weather." Living out there on the Pacific coast, they usually get tons of rain. No Olympic mountains to get in the way. Where I live, we are in a partial rain shadow but direction of the wind shifts it around some.

FROM Kalispell, eh?

That's a shame. :(

Y'see, THE Swiss rifle support company, Swiss Products, is based Kalispell MT, now run by Latigo St Marie, son of the Founder, Piérre. They make a whole range of really excellent accessories for Swiss long arms, even to the extent of making a precision diopter sight set that is not only fully authorised by the Swiss National Shooting Federation, but beats the home-products from Wiss et al by a country mile in price as well as range. It goes out to 1000m, whereas the home-products barely go past 300m - they don't need to, that's the furthest they shoot in Switzerland.

So now, instead of walking in the door, you have to deal long-distance....

Welcome aboard... :D

I've got some relatives and several friends that live in the Kalispell area, I reside West of Port Angeles..

FROM Kalispell, eh?

That's a shame. :(

Y'see, THE Swiss rifle support company, Swiss Products, is based Kalispell MT, now run by Latigo St Marie, son of the Founder, Piérre. They make a whole range of really excellent accessories for Swiss long arms, even to the extent of making a precision diopter sight set that is not only fully authorised by the Swiss National Shooting Federation, but beats the home-products from Wiss et al by a country mile in price as well as range. It goes out to 1000m, whereas the home-products barely go past 300m - they don't need to, that's the furthest they shoot in Switzerland.

So now, instead of walking in the door, you have to deal long-distance....
There's quite a lot of well built firearms from some great companies up there.
Some better than others 😆
I definitely wish I had property there, but I traded for my little speck of land here!
Some would judge, but we are close to a lot of amazing stuff, just I just gotta pay attention to it.

The cheapest way for me to get over to around where you live is taking two ferries. I can park my car at the Mukilteo dock, walk aboard the ferry and cross over to Clinton on Whidbey Is., then take two buses (Island Transit is free) to Fort Casey near Coupeville, then walk aboard another ferry there that goes on over to Port Townsend. Takes forever. Of course, I don't have a car when I get there and that's the expensive part of crossing on the ferry. The PT-Coupeville ferry doesn't run all that often like some of the more heavily used routes. And, when they are short a ferry, it's one of the first routes the system curtails.

My relative who lives in Forks moved up here from Florida late last year. I told her, "Don't think this long dry spell is typical Washington weather." Living out there on the Pacific coast, they usually get tons of rain. No Olympic mountains to get in the way. Where I live, we are in a partial rain shadow but direction of the wind shifts it around some.
I'm quite grateful for the rain shadow in Port Townsend area. Forks is everything but dry.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

I definitely will

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top