Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Moved to Gresham...need a new gun club/place to shoot

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by raindog, Oct 16, 2009.

1. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

I used to live on the West Side of PDX and am a member at Tri-County in Sherwood (which I love). Unfortunately, I've now moved to Gresham and TCGC is a bit of a haul.

I'm looking for someplace closer to shoot both rifle and pistol. Ideally, 200Y for rifle at least, 300Y or 600Y would be great. I have an itching to get into muzzleloading some day, but right now I'm not shooting that.

I read about Douglas, which is in Estacada and probably as far for me to drive as TCGC.

So...

1. any other options for clubs?
    2. nearest good outdoor places to shoot on this side?

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

If you'd like to check out Douglas Ridge some time, I'd be happy to give you the nickel tour. I'm a member there. I was also a long time member at TCGC. Both are excellent clubs.

3. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

Not a club, 100 yards maximum, but friendly people, outdoors, and only 21 miles from you http://www.englishpit.com/

4. warnerwh

warnerwh Portland, OR Member

From 122nd and Stark to Douglas Ridge it's 17 miles. Being in Gresham you are likely closer than I am. I will also offer to show you around if you like. We do have 300,600 and 1,000 yard ranges. You can only shoot on these longer ranges on certain days like Thursday or weekends during tournaments. The 100-200 is open daily except long range day when all the lower ranges are closed.

5. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

I am in Gresham also,and am a member of DRRC.
    If you get the chance and want to go check out the range,i would be glad to take you out there also.
    No way that TCGC is closer,i make it to DRRC in about 15 min,and i live right by Gresham High.
    RK