JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When I lived in CA I legally purchased a handgun and brought it up with me when I moved to OR and just want to triple check that there was nothing for me to do when I moved here. I always want to make sure I follow the laws, and my understanding was (and still is) that there was nothing for me to do when I brought it up here.

Thank you.

Last Edited:
You're fine, nothing more for you to do except breath in and REJOICE IN YOUR NEW FREEDOMS... while it lasts. Oregon and Washington are increasingly becoming "Californicated" by all the Cali immigrants repeating the same thing that caused them to flee Cali in the first place...

When you vote, PLEASE do NOT vote the way they do in California that has caused all the woes they suffer.

Having said that...
1D96B36C-3F33-4859-BB80-F820B883EC91.gif

:s0155:

Last Edited:
Back in 2013 I moved from Southern California to Portland, Oregon (for employment reasons). When I lived in CA I legally purchased a handgun (Glock 22). I brought it up with me when I moved to OR in 2013 and just want to triple check that there was nothing for me to do when I moved here. I always want to make sure I follow the laws, and my understanding was (and still is) that there was nothing for me to do when I brought it up here.

Thank you.

Nope, nothing for you to do.

You can even get to carry it, should you so chose.

Oregon is a "shall issue" state for conceal handgun licenses. Just apply, pay the fee(s) & if you're not a prohibited person, you are issued said license. I believe there's a class you have to take these days, and show completion of said.

Recommend getting said, even if you don't plan on carrying NOW. You may want to at some point, and the "shall issue" status may change in the future.

Plus, in "normal" times CHL holders get bumped in the State Police que for background checks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top