JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
MOVE TO AMEND is a national organization intending to remedy two very dangerous ideas: that corporations are "persons" and that the expenditure of money constitutes "free speech." These two ideas have greatly contributed to the dysfunctional government we have. To fix these problems requires action either by Congress or a Constitutional Convention.

If Pelosi is an indicator, our hopelessly corrupt Congress will do nothing. That opens the possibility of a Constitutional Convention. I recently attended an open Zoom meeting sponsored by Move to Amend. During the discussion, one of their activists, a self-described "Progressive" named Milly Harmon, rattled on at great length. During her monologue, she touched on gun control. WHAT??? The hair stood up on the back of my neck. A thought crept stealthily into my mind: is all this a cover to set the stage for rendering 2A null and void?

Given how devious "Progressive" Democrats have become, anything is possible. Anybody have an opinion about this group?

I got an email announcing a change in job status for Jessica Munger. the Program Director of Move to Amend and a cofounder of Toward a People's Constitution, a project of Democracy Unlimited. (located in a tiny little house in Eureka CA.) Munger graduated in Political Science from Humboldt State University, a very leftwing institution. One of her key goals is protecting LGBTQ rights. Her wife is going to have a baby. She authored The U.S. Constitution is hopelessly outdated. It's time to re-envision it, illustrated by a photo of the Constitution overlaid with three blacks giving the BLM-style raised "Black Power" fist. https://www.salon.com/writer/jessica_munger

I answered my own question. MOVE TO AMEND is a Trojan Horse for the ultimate destruction of the Constitution. The radical Left leaves no stone unturned.

MOVE TO AMEND is a national organization intending to remedy two very dangerous ideas: that corporations are "persons" and that the expenditure of money constitutes "free speech." These two ideas have greatly contributed to the dysfunctional government we have. To fix these problems requires action either by Congress or a Constitutional Convention.

If Pelosi is an indicator, our hopelessly corrupt Congress will do nothing. That opens the possibility of a Constitutional Convention. I recently attended an open Zoom meeting sponsored by Move to Amend. During the discussion, one of their activists, a self-described "Progressive" named Milly Harmon, rattled on at great length. During her monologue, she touched on gun control. WHAT??? The hair stood up on the back of my neck. A thought crept stealthily into my mind: is all this a cover to set the stage for rendering 2A null and void?

Given how devious "Progressive" Democrats have become, anything is possible. Anybody have an opinion about this group?
https://www.movetoamend.org/

"Move to Amend is a national, non-partisan, grassroots organization that seeks to blunt corporate power by amending the United States Constitution to end corporate personhood and state that money is not speech." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Move_to_Amend

There are splinter cells all over the United States, from California's Sierra Club to Alaska. They all echo the same theme, which sounds entirely reasonable. But wait. Look at what the Democratic Party has down in the last several years, from the bogus Trump-Putin collusion to the Jan. 6 Soviet-style show trial. My instincts tell me that Move to Amend is part of that.

"We're five days away from the fundamental transformation of the United States."
- Future President Barack Obama, February 28, 2017

Jessica Munger - article.png

Extremely dangerous

Once the process is started, they can do anything they want; they can amend the Constitution however and as much as they want.

Of course it would then need to be ratified, but given the current political atmosphere, that is no protection at all.

"We're five days away from the fundamental transformation of the United States."
- Future President Barack Obama, February 28, 2017
Did he say that? Much confusion because looking for the full quote and context I can't find any source with the speech that came from, *most* of what I can find say that was from just before (like maybe 5 days before?) the 2008 presidential election and a couple of the links I tried to check triggered my Avast AntiVirus for phishing danger

Do you by chance have a link to the full speech?

Did he say that? Much confusion because looking for the full quote and context I can't find any source with the speech that came from, *most* of what I can find say that was from just before (like maybe 5 days before?) the 2008 presidential election and a couple of the links I tried to check triggered my Avast AntiVirus for phishing danger

Do you by chance have a link to the full speech?
That sentence has been mentioned in countless Internet postings, not all of which I trust. But here it is in Obama's own words:

Victor Davis Hansen, at Hoover Institute, provides a good overview: Obama: Transforming America https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/10/01/obama_transforming_america_120170.html

Equally riveting is what Leftist Democrats and their rich donors like Soros are really up to. This pseudo Leftist "revolution" isn't being driven by dock workers and truck drivers. It's being driven by social elites living in $12 million dollar mansions and university professors making 200 grand a year. They all want to dismantle this Republic. I don't get why.

That sentence has been mentioned in countless Internet postings, not all of which I trust. But here it is in Obama's own words:

Victor Davis Hansen, at Hoover Institute, provides a good overview: Obama: Transforming America https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/10/01/obama_transforming_america_120170.html

Equally riveting is what Leftist Democrats and their rich donors like Soros are really up to. This pseudo Leftist "revolution" isn't being driven by dock workers and truck drivers. It's being driven by social elites living in $12 million dollar mansions and university professors making 200 grand a year. They all want to dismantle this Republic. I don't get why.
Just had a chance to watch the video and without getting into the politics of Obama I have to say . . . :s0129:

Turns out that was from a campaign speech 5 days before the election and, serious question, doesn't every candidate running against an incumbent say some version of "we are going change everything"? Like, if he (or any other candidate) WASN'T going change things, why would anyone vote for him? Also if you listen to what Barak O'Bushy says none of it is in any way terrifying or 'radical' just run of the mill electioneering stuff

Some of the folks on the fridge pick the silliest things to get bent out of shape over :rolleyes:

If you put his Presidency in the context of what has happened since, the dots start connecting. America IS being transformed and pushed further and further away from Constitutional Republic. My Dad almost got killed fighting the Germans, so I've studied the Nazi era, including the early rise to power. If you compare that era with what the Democratic Party has been doing, the parallels are truly disturbing. Show trials, control of the media, propaganda instead of reliable news, co-optation of the military, fake crises, vicious attacks on the chief executive, thugs rampaging through the streets. It's the same playbook.

If you put his Presidency in the context of what has happened since, the dots start connecting. America IS being transformed and pushed further and further away from Constitutional Republic. My Dad almost got killed fighting the Germans, so I've studied the Nazi era, including the early rise to power. If you compare that era with what the Democratic Party has been doing, the parallels are truly disturbing. Show trials, control of the media, propaganda instead of reliable news, co-optation of the military, fake crises, vicious attacks on the chief executive, thugs rampaging through the streets. It's the same playbook.
I've heard it both ways and feel a compelling case can be made either way, but that being said we are right up against the edge of this, so . . . :s0053:

#2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.

I've heard it both ways and feel a compelling case can be made either way, but that being said we are right up against the edge of this, so . . . :s0053:

#2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.
political content is inherently divisive Trying to save 2A is intimately connected to trying to save the Constitution itself. Certain forces are systematically determined to eliminate both. You can sit in your basement handloading shells all day, but if you don't understand politics, the day will come when there will be no more shells to load.

political content is inherently divisive Trying to save 2A is intimately connected to trying to save the Constitution itself. Certain forces are systematically determined to eliminate both. You can sit in your basement handloading shells all day, but if you don't understand politics, the day will come when there will be no more shells to load.
Understood, but at the same time a few post above you listed some things that in your view are direct threats to our Constitution and as a result, threats to 2a. As it turns out I hold opposing or at least 'different' views on (hang on . . . counting them) 7 out of the 7 and not one of them is directly 2a related.

So, it's come to this
:s0093:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews