JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dan Wesson made the 357 Maximum years ago for revolvers. Designed for steel silhouette shooters.
The Legend uses heaver bullets and is made for rifles. Something else to feed the ARs.
Brass and barrels are scarce.

The Legend uses heaver bullets and is made for rifles. Something else to feed the ARs.
Yep, the cartridge was designed for use in American states that have specific regulations for deer hunting with straight-walled centerfire cartridges and while .350 Legend has no parent case it has the same 0.378 in rim diameter ,slight body taper and OAL of 2.26 inches as the .223/5.56 so it will fit in a standard AR magazine.

Seem like this wheel gun would be a natural back up to a rifle chambered for the same round. Kind of surprised there are no lever guns yet.
https://www.rifleshootermag.com/editorial/11-top-hunting-rifles-350-legend/459340

Oof, X frame. That's a real big gun for not a real big bullet.

I have to wonder if the velocity will suffer horribly in the real world since the 350 is a rifle cartridge but the barrel is now less than half as long WITH a cylinder gap that isn't helping

End of the day, nothing will ever replace the .357 or .44 mag for their respective roles.
I was surprised that .45 ACP did about as well in my 325TR as in a semi; https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...gr-ammo-velocity-results.425096/#post-3370872

Reported the 350 Legend loads that normally reach 2,200 to 2,300 feet per second manage between 1,500 and 1,800 fps out of the Model 350's 7.5-inch barrel. Hornady's 170-grain American Whitetail soft-point load, for example, managed 1,551 feet per second out of the Model 350 as compared to 2,200 feet per second from a rifle barrel.

I'm not going to run out and get one, but I sure wouldn't turn a trip down with it... would be fun to set up the steel gong with it.

Reported the 350 Legend loads that normally reach 2,200 to 2,300 feet per second manage between 1,500 and 1,800 fps out of the Model 350's 7.5-inch barrel. Hornady's 170-grain American Whitetail soft-point load, for example, managed 1,551 feet per second out of the Model 350 as compared to 2,200 feet per second from a rifle barrel.
Turns out it's very similar to the 357 Maximum in a handgun.

I like big guns and I cannot lie
You limp-wristed brothers just cry
When you pull out a gun that weighs half a ton
And goes off like a bomb in your face

Hand gets stung
Your fingers go numb
And you think, 'That was really dumb!'
'I should have just stuck to Glocks
Now I can't even throw rocks!'

:s0088:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show