JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:(Mouseguns.com is simply a glorious resource for everything to do with small guns and self-defense shooting. It is a treasure house of links to just about anything useful for self-defense guns. Alas, I dropped in there today to read a bulletin from the noble site owner---he is fighting cancer and cannot work on the site anymore. He cancelled the credit card which keeps the site going, and thus it will likely disappear into history soon. Does anyone know of a sugardaddy who could take it over and fund it? If Mouseguns.com dies it will be a huge loss to the concealed-carry community............................elsullo:(

I have space on one of my three servers but they'd have to transfer the ownership of the site plus I'd have to check with the hosting service to see if a gun related site is within their TOS.

Deen

Mouse Guns is fantastic and I am saddened to learn of the admin.'s situation. I have used the site for reference and research many times over the years. I applaud people like this who put a load of time and knowledge into a something that benefits strangers.

I'd also be willing to take it over. I'd be curious as to how much bandwidth it takes. Like Deen said it takes getting the domain name as well.

I'd also be willing to take it over. I'd be curious as to how much bandwidth it takes. Like Deen said it takes getting the domain name as well.

Drew:
All of my three servers are supposed to be unlimited space/bandwidth BUT the TOS says you can't overload the server so yes, bandwidth can be an issue on shared servers like mine.

Drew:
All of my three servers are supposed to be unlimited space/bandwidth BUT the TOS says you can't overload the server so yes, bandwidth can be an issue on shared servers like mine.

You usually have start using quite a bit of resources to need to start moving outside of shared hosting. The main reasons I did with some sites is because we had high CPU utilization and had a few customizations that ended up requiring their own environment.

I'd be able to host it also, I have a couple of cloud servers not being fully utilized. I've found Mouseguns.com to be a great resource and I'd hate to see it go.

You usually have start using quite a bit of resources to need to start moving outside of shared hosting. The main reasons I did with some sites is because we had high CPU utilization and had a few customizations that ended up requiring their own environment.
Yep, I looked into having a dedicated server but it was just too expensive at this time for me to do. Plus the search engines like backlinks on different IP's anyway. Now, when I start making $10,000 a month ....

I just wanted to let you folks know that -with mousegunners' permission- I have preserved mouseguns.com in its' entirety on my site/server. He was too sick to respond to me or just hand over the files so I had to do this manually and worked like mad to preserve it before the site went down. Marshall and I shared mutual friends and he was a member of my site. I did not want to see this information lost. We lost Mousegunner on September 2nd.

Here is the link to the preserved mouseguns.com : Mouseguns.Com

I am sincerely grateful for your hard work. Thank you.
Thanks ogre. There may have been an easier way to preserve it but I wasn't aware of any. I sent Marshall an e-mail -when I completed it- but really did not expect him to answer due to his health. I was out of town most of last week and actually just got the news of his passing today. He was a really good person.

Very very cool! I honestly have never been to the site (or I maybe I have from a google search or two, I cannot for sure recall) but after looking at the blogs I am glad you preserved it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top