JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For me, mounting scopes is the worst job ever in shooting. you turn the ring clamp screws tick...tick...tick and things look good right. Start torquing and the bubble moves just a pinch, but the X-hairs move a bunch. :mad:

Scope.jpg

I hate it too I finally had someone don't for me.

The last scope I bought on here I went in and asked a local if the would install it if I bought rings, they said yes, when I went in I asked if they wouldn't mind putting my previous scope on my other rifle and my new one on my 223, the old upgrade hand me down. He had no problem doing it and was done in minutes

Tick licker in Salem

No....I like Warne rings and they are all I use if I'm dealing with a Weaver/Picatinny base. In the pic they looked like those terrible Weaver rings that have a hook on one side and the screws on the other. I never could mount a scope straight in those. The Warne rings pose their own problems though and it helps to have a third hand.

They always come out straight for me, maybe my welder is just better than others.........I just have a slight problem with them fogging up a little when it's raining, weird.

LOL, I should try the welder.

All nill at this point. Scope is off and rifle is headed back to Winchester. I have another thread here re: Copper.

Seekins rings are my go to. Never had an issue with them.

Vertically split rings apply uneven pressure and can cause scope damage and tracking problems. This is a known issue.

One thing that will be cool is the store that is sending my rifle back to Winchester is going to remount and bore sight my scope. :D

Vertically split rings apply uneven pressure and can cause scope damage and tracking problems. This is a known issue.

That's interesting. I've never had a tracking or damage issue using Warne rings. I do use an inch pounds torque wrench though. I could see if you tighten the top too much you could cause damage but I think that would apply to horizontal split rings too.

I've used Warne rings for years and they are the only ring I've ever used that not once caused a mark on any of my scopes.

Man i feel your pain.. when i mount a scope, I have bubble levels, plumb bob strings hanging outside at 50 yards, to check level,, feeler gauges measuring the gaps in my rings, lapping bars,,, more lapping,, checking eye relief,,resetting eye relief,,then i give up and take a break and try again later, never really satisfied. eventually i am happy. it sometimes is a 2 day process. LOL

Last Edited:
Ha, I have gone as far as using a laser to make sure that the barrel/receiver were lined up right. Didn't help a bit, but it did show me that I had the scope base holes lined up the the front sight mounting hole so the holes were drilled right. (Ya, I lost one excuse right there o_O)

Dark Laser.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads