JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My father visited today for the children's birthday and asked me:

1. Is there a way to mount a red dot sight.
  2. Can he swap the non-folding stock for a folding one.
I am assuming the answer is affirmative on the first, though I don't know what to recommend for him. Not sure on the latter as I don't know much about the Kalash. Thanks for any tips.

My father visited today for the children's birthday and asked me:

1. Is there a way to mount a red dot sight.
  2. Can he swap the non-folding stock for a folding one.
I am assuming the answer is affirmative on the first, though I don't know what to recommend for him. Not sure on the latter as I don't know much about the Kalash. Thanks for any tips.

Yes and yes.

1. Assuming there is a side receiver mount and a right side folder I'd suggest an RS Regulate mount , an other option is an Ulitmak, you'll want to use a decent optic as the heat will kill many of Chinesium types.. There are other options out there but those are my two preferred.
2. A 100 series folding stock is pretty involved and cost prohibitive to do, but there are a ton other options like those from Bonesteel and Double Star/ACE (requires removal of tang), I'd skip the Magpul Zhukov, it's weak IMO. There's always the classic wire folders that most people hate, I like the W. German one the best.

So yes there are plenty of option out there.

Examples from internet of optic on AK. 7C26017B-D228-4631-8FA2-AD7A24ADED6C.jpeg 7C26017B-D228-4631-8FA2-AD7A24ADED6C.jpeg F9835A52-76EC-499A-B923-022447EBEC87.jpeg

Granted this is the expensive way to go about it.

As for swapping fixed stock for folding, he could. There's wire folders that use the fixed trunnion as well as aftermarket folding stocks that use the fixed trunnion. The other option is to remove the rear trunnion and install one for a sidefolder, but that'll also require drilling into the receiver for the slots for the button and latch. Not worth it unless you absolutely must have it that way.

ZenitCo is nice stuff, but man is it expensive.
ZenitCo parts compatibility | Ivan The Bear Store
Yeah, but I like zenitco. Got three sets of zenitco rails, the third one is the b-30, with b-31 and b-33. The third set will be going on a converted saiga, which will have its barrel turned down for a Russian gas block/sight, and cut down to 12", and a folding stock installed. Will be SBR'ed.

Will not be cheap but it will be nice.

No folder on mine.
I ran the Attero on mine for a short time, with a PA MD-ADS. It worked, though IMO the mounting method was "iffy". I had to send for replacement "shoes" that affix the mount to the front sight base. I since ditched that.
As seen, the RS Regulate 303/30mm mount, Aimpoint Pro has taken place of it all. I've been very pleased, moreso than the previous set-up. Very solid, R&R, repeatable zero. RS-AK303.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top