JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone done business with Mountain View Safe Company? They have what look to be good safes at a great price, but as the old saying goes "You get what you pay for."
From what I can see they have a pretty good product at a low price. I have considered one for some time now. They appear to keep overhead low by selling "directly off the truck" so to speak.

Tha's what I get from him as well. But it would be nice to know if the key pad is cheap and won't last long :)
I feel certain from talking with the guy that the safes are good but it would be nice to talk to someone who has one.
OHH well guess I'll buy and find out.
K

Tha's what I get from him as well. But it would be nice to know if the key pad is cheap and won't last long :)
I feel certain from talking with the guy that the safes are good but it would be nice to talk to someone who has one.
OHH well guess I'll buy and find out.
K
Don't they have a manual dial one also. I think that is the option I was looking at for myself. I do not trust digital locks.

No problem with digital locks as long as they are made well. All the locks on the house are digital, the office and one closet also have digital locks and reinforced walls and door jambs. Digital made poorly would be an invitation to disaster. No lock means no key and forcing a digital or dial lock takes forever.

I have one of Charlies safes,the largest one he sells.
Instead of the digital key pad,i opted for the tumbler type,call me old fashioned.
After talking to him about the locks that he uses,they are LG,which is a divsion of S&G,so the quality shouldn't be suspect.
I have no problems with the safe in any respect,it is fire rated to 1200 for 60 min,weigh 1060 lbs,and comparing to a couple of my other "name brand" safes appears to be of at least equal quality,in some cases better.
Everyone who has seen it,ends up calling him up and ordering up one for themselves.
RK

No website I have the phone number and flyer.
Mountainview safe company 503-706-7347 Charlie is the gentlemen who will probably answer nice guy very friendly.
RockCrawler thanks for the info. All the materials were god I just couldn't remember who made the keypad/lock so couldn't find anything on them. My concern is always will the damned thing open when it's supposed to, don't want to store a clients gun in there and have the thing fail. :)

The only picture I could find was on his CL ad. For those of you with one of his safes, how are they painted? It appears to be a dark grey primer. While the paint doesn't matter much to me, I think the wife will care.

<broken link removed>

If memory serves me correctly, the safes come in grey or black very plain not primer just not high gloss. There is no detailing but if you know someone who can paint then it would be a non issue to get the safe detailed out to look nicer. Personally I intend on putting the safe in the shop, so no problem there I can always buy something else for in the house.
K

Has anyone done business with Mountain View Safe Company? They have what look to be good safes at a great price, but as the old saying goes "You get what you pay for."

I looked at them at a gun show in Pendleton. They look ok. Is the company from Boring Ore.? I didn't think the price was too bad.

I talked to Charlie a week or so ago. Had intended to go to the gun show and see him, but ended up not going. He told me the safes were essentially the same thing as Liberty Safes made by the same company, just without the logo. The one he sells the most of is basically their Centurion model, but he can get the others. They are Chinese made if you care about such things, but appear to be decent safes.

Damn I wish they had a website so I could view sizes and prices.

I need to get a safe here pretty soon when I move out of the house.

From someone who has ordered from him in the past (rock) will they deliver around Oregon? Corvallis to be specific?

Here are a few of his ads:
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

$450 - 16 postion, 16"deep, 22" wide, 59" tall, 580#, fire rated 1200 deg. for 60 min. digital or dial combo, 10- 1 1/2" lock bolts

$550 - 20 gun safe

$650 - 22 postion w/4 shelfs,fire rated to 1200deg. for 60min. 10- 1 1/2" lock pins. Outside messurements are 24"x30"x59",and weight is 624#, Lagard combo,you set your own combo.Now have digital locks,

$800 - 39 gun safe 39"x24"x59"

$950 - 45 gun safe 45"x30x72"

I talked with him recently and he doesn't have any of the big ones in stock. He will deliver in the metro area for about $100, but I never asked about other areas...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top