JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about this for a CDW (Cougar Defense Weapon)?;):s0010:

B15BD47E-99DB-4AE7-86D5-23CA4D02FE76.jpeg

Last Edited:
The good thing about a mountain lion thread is if it were for 150 lb black bears (oh my!), it'd devolve into 700 pounders and griz in the first post.

Ever since I saw one in Timber, I've carried my Glock 19 loaded while plinking, and also kept a machete nearby. Having said that, I hear they rarely attack people around here, and I'm guessing that it'd be too fast for me to actually hit the cat, but sound of the gun shot would be enough to chase it away?

I generally carry a .357mag Ruger SP101 and feel comfortable that can handle anything found in the Northwest.

I've encountered cougars in California; and while I've seen tracks I actually haven't seen a cat in the wild in Oregon or Washington. Just a couple bears and coyotes that were running away.

As some members have pointed out the scariest thing I've seen in the woods walked on two legs.

Hi point .40.or .45 pistol; if you run out, ya can throw it or use it as a bludgeon :rolleyes::p an should it fail, your widow/widower won't be stressing about the cheap handgun :rolleyes:
I used to say something similar about the Daewoo DP51s when they first came here.
I was looking at one that belonged to a guy I knew back then and noticed that it was deceptively heavy, even though its an alloy framed gun!
I would say that if 13 rounds of 9mm won't do it, just throw the dam thing at him. That WILL hurt!
Would make a pretty fair set of "knuckles", too! :D

Dean

I used to say something similar about the Daewoo DP51s when they first came here.
I was looking at one that belonged to a guy I knew back then and noticed that it was deceptively heavy, even though its an alloy framed gun!
I would say that if 13 rounds of 9mm won't do it, just throw the dam thing at him. That WILL hurt!
Would make a pretty fair set of "knuckles", too! :D

Dean
Try for 17 then stuff it down it's throat!

:eek::)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top