JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got this via email today - looks like some good deals:

"Just in Time for Father's Day Sale" at TheEpicenter.com!
25% OFF all Mountain House #10 Cans

Our Mountain House Can Sale starts on SATURDAY, JUNE 1st for ONE WEEK ONLY

To celebrate Father's Day, why not treat Dad to some great tasting Mountain House food with a 25+ year shelf life! Great for long term storage, camping trips, hunting trips, and even multiple day fishing trips!

25% off sale prices will be published on our website only during the authorized sale period which runs from Saturday 6/01/13 through Friday 6/07/13.

For this sale, we are also able to offer an additional savings on the following #10 cans:
Uncooked Egg Mix (save 40%)
Raspberry Crumble (save 33%)
Chicken Alfredo (save 33%)
Lasagna with Meat Sauce (save 33%)
New Orleans Rice with Shrimp & Ham (save 33%)
Pasta Primavera (save 32%)
Sliced Strawberries (save 30%)

We will continue to offer Free Shipping* for Full Cases of Mountain House Cans (6 of same item); nominal shipping charges will apply for single-can quantity orders.

Please share this announcement with your family and friends! Don't miss these SUPER LOW PRICES during our one-week manufacturer-authorized Mountain House #10 Can sale.

From the entire staff at TheEpicenter.com, we send our best wishes to all. And, a Happy Father's Day to all Dads and congratulations to all Grads too!

TheEpicenter.com
Epicenter Supplies LLC
384 Wallis Street #2
Eugene, OR 97402
Telephone: 541-684-0717 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)

* Free Shipping Offer only for shipments to Lower 48 States; shipping charges will apply for orders sent to Alaska & Hawaii (Alaska/Hawaii customers, please call us at 541-684-0717 to place your order).

p.s. No advance orders please. Due to our agreement with the manufacturer, Mountain House #10 can orders received prior to or after this sale period will be at full manufacturer-authorized pricing.

Placed my order...... How abut you?

The items you ordered are shown below:

Qty. Catalog# Desc. Options Price Subtotal
---- ------------------ ------------------------------ ------- ------ --------
1 MHCEChickAlfredo 30198 Mountain House, Can, Chi - $23.24 $23.24
1 MHCEChickenNoodles 30131 Mountain House, Can, Chi - $23.85 $23.85
3 MHCESpaghettiMH 30108 Mountain House, Can, Spa - $18.90 $56.70
1 MHCMCreamedBeef 30235 Mountain House, Can, Cre - $34.65 $34.65
1 MRE CASE, NO HtrA MENU-A Sure-Pak 12 MRE case, N - $71.00 $71.00
1 MRE Htr Doz Regular MRE heater dozen pack. - $11.00 $11.00

Pre-shipping Total: $220.44
Shipping & Handling: $12.34
Grand Total: $232.78

Another sale on Mountain House food from Epicenter:

2014 Mid-Winter "OUT OF THE DEEP FREEZE" Sale at TheEpicenter.com
25% OFF all Mountain House #10 Cans with a 25+ Year Shelf Life

SALE PRICES EFFECTIVE Saturday 2/08/14 through Friday 2/14/14
25% OFF suggested retail on Mountain House #10 Cans will be published on our website only during the authorized sale period scheduled for Saturday, February 8th through Friday, February 14th.

If you want smaller packaging, Mountain House Pouch products with a 10+ Year Shelf Life are always in stock at 10-25% off. New Mountain House Pouch products for 2014 include Biscuits & Gravy, Apple Crisp, and Fire Roasted Vegetables!

From the entire staff at TheEpicenter.com, we send you warm wishes and look forward to serving you!

TheEpicenter.com
Epicenter Supplies LLC
384 Wallis Street #2
Eugene, OR 97402
Telephone: 541-684-0717 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, Pacific Time)

* Free Shipping for Full Cases of Mountain House Cans (6 of same item) ONLY for shipments to Lower 48 States. Nominal shipping charges will apply for individual can orders. Alaska/Hawaii customers, please call us at 541-684-0717 to place your order.

p.s. No advance orders please. Due to our agreement with the manufacturer, Mountain House #10 can orders received prior to or after this sale period will be at our every day discounted pricing.

I've yet to buy any #10 cans of storable food. From the quick math I've done glancing at #10 cans. They seem to be more expensive than storable food in buckets. There has to be a reason people are willing to pay more, assuming my math is correct. Can anyone explain the benefits of #10 cans? Im not trying to thread crap. Just someone who does buy storable food trying to gain some knowledge. Thanks

If you're talking bulk items like rice, beans, etc., then there's no question I'd buy in buckets. When it comes to prepared foods, I just like the quality and taste of Mountain House products. It's the same stuff that I eat while backpacking, so I'm used to it. I haven't been as impressed by some of the bucket survival foods that I've tried - just my personal preference.

A case could be made that if you're hungry enough, you'll eat anything, so it doesn't matter that much. On the other hand, having something that you actually like eating can take some of the edge off a stressful situation.

YMMV and all that...

As one ages, sodium becomes very important. From 40's on sodium can raise havoc with your blood pressure and make you susceptible to strokes. Mountain Home and Emergency essentials are very salty. So be very careful and read the labels.
Same goes to sugar and diabetes. Over the years manufactures have increased sugar and sodium and we lapped it up. [pun intended.]

That's a good point - for example, one serving of Augason Farms Creamy Potato Soup Mix contains 1010mg of salt. That's 42% of your daily requirement in 1/3 a cup of food. (ironically, 1/3 a cup of pure salt is only 30% of your daily requirement.... just kidding)

I have a mix of more basic items in my food stores - rice, beans, oats, etc. I see the prepared foods as a way to break up the monotony and/or a treat.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top