Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

mountain house foods

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by dario541, Sep 22, 2009.

1. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

I just thought that some of you might like to know that Bi-Mart has their Mountain House freeze dried foods on sale this week and next for 20% off. Now is a good time to stock up.

2. Leif Runenritzer

Leif Runenritzer Kernilyis Active Member

Thanks. I'll have to walk down there.

I already bought a Macaroni & Cheese and a Lasagna with Meat Sauce a while back for my bag. The former seemed to have the most calories at 470 and the latter had 300 calories and higher vitamins A and C. What ones would you ones get?

3. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Mountain House is great, Ive had a few different kinds, and all have been excellent. But, if I have the choice between that or MREs, I'll always go MREs. More stuff for the same or less money. Thanks for the heads up on the good deal at BiMart though!

4. powersbj

powersbj Seattle Area Active Member

Check out Backpackers Pantry, if they have any on the shelf... Its much more tasty when out in the woods... IMHO..

5. ironhead

ironhead East of the liberal masses in Oregon Member

Is there any place where I can buy MRE's. The non military ones I have seen don't seem to be very high in calories. Any way around the "Do not sell to public" ban or a good substitute.

6. rayd8

rayd8 Formerly Portland, now Alabama! Member

I've ordered some stuff from here:

http://theepicenter.com/

(Link credit goes to someone in the survival forum, but I couldn't track name down).

Anyway, they are reasonable on prices and ship pretty quickly.

7. drand

drand Stayton Member

8. beararms5000

beararms5000 Seattle Member

Just a heads up for those doing calorie counting with Mountain House and Backpacker's Pantry packets: Nearly all of the individual packets are "2 servings," so Leif Runenritzer's figures can be doubled to 940 calories and 600 calories for anyone eating alone.

9. Leif Runenritzer

Leif Runenritzer Kernilyis Active Member

Oh yeah, i forgot about serving size. Did i learn nothing from the PSAs on Nickelodeon.