JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Packaging copied off and who knows what the hell is actually in the food product. Bootleg product. Just one more US company ripped off by Chinese counterfeiters. Hope you guys that were made aware of this in time all got your money back.

Last Edited:
We got one of these last spring and my wife has put it to good use.

You can freeze dry almost anything with it. She's done soup, stew, meat, pasta, fruit, cooked beans, shredded potatoes, left overs, etc. Seal it in mylar bags and it lasts 25 years. It's at least as good and often much better than the Mountain House stuff I've had. Costs about $3 per 5 pound batch, including storage bags.

We bought this unit as a scratch and dent, although we can't find where it's scratched or dented, for about $1700.
Any unforeseen "surprises" with that freeze dry unit? I've been considering one for myself, but the wife is not fully on board.

A quick update for this thread.

Requested and immediately received a refund from Amazon for this fraudulent order. I would suggest anyone ITT who also placed an order to do the same ASAP.

How did you get an immediate refund?
That hasn't happened for me yet. I cancelled the order and requested a refund, but nothing has happened with mine yet. :mad:

Ya, Amazon is not that fast, I'd like to hear how @RedRover got instant refund. I'm on a wait with Amazon before I get to file a claim.

I had already sort of initiated the claim process a week ago -- in trying twice to contact the seller to clarify shipping details, and then again to request to cancel the order (to no avail). I also had contacted Amazon's customer service last week with concerns about the order being fraudulent.

I believe that since I had not received any reply from the seller(in the 48 hr time-frame set by Amazon), I was eligible for a refund. The payment still needs to process, but the refund has been issued.

"We issued you a refund of $103.96 for this order on Jan 1. Refunds typically take 3-5 business days to process to your payment method. If you changed your mind and are satisfied with your item, you can request to reverse the refund below and we will recharge you."

Ya, I finally got to request a refund. Amazon sure sucks when this happens. Feels like eBay with all the potential scams you have to avoid.

Edit, I got a good laugh. I typed up my refund claim, then this post, checked my email, bam they issued the refund almost instantly. Sounds like Amazon is in the know on these.

Any unforeseen "surprises" with that freeze dry unit? I've been considering one for myself, but the wife is not fully on board.
None. It says it needs a dedicated 20 amp receptacle, but I put a clamp on ammeter on it (ours is a medium size dryer) and it only draws 13 amp. Ours is on a dedicated 15 amp circuit in our laundry room. The only caveat is that you need to change/filter the oil in the vacuum pump on schedule. With all that in mind, ours has performed beautifully.

I had already sort of initiated the claim process a week ago -- in trying twice to contact the seller to clarify shipping details, and then again to request to cancel the order (to no avail). I also had contacted Amazon's customer service last week with concerns about the order being fraudulent.

I believe that since I had not received any reply from the seller(in the 48 hr time-frame set by Amazon), I was eligible for a refund. The payment still needs to process, but the refund has been issued.

"We issued you a refund of $103.96 for this order on Jan 1. Refunds typically take 3-5 business days to process to your payment method. If you changed your mind and are satisfied with your item, you can request to reverse the refund below and we will recharge you."

That would have been VERY handy to write in your initial statement. Ya sorta left a lot of key information out.

I initiated the claim with Amazon today. I don't yet have the product, so not sure how it will play out.

Sorry to anyone going thru this mess, since I posted the Amazon deal. I feel badly, but obviously I couldn't have known and I also got suckered for 8 cases which I'm going thru the refund process for myself. Hopefully Amazon can crack down on these fraudsters.

Sorry to anyone going thru this mess, since I posted the Amazon deal. I feel badly, but obviously I couldn't have known and I also got suckered for 8 cases which I'm going thru the refund process for myself. Hopefully Amazon can crack down on these fraudsters.
It's not your fault. Amazon prides themselves in appearing like an actual online store, only to be a third party selling warehouse like EBay. If they keep this up, they will loose members to the next guys.

Well, hopefully the seller loses a lot of money in product, wasted shipping costs, and gets barred from Amazon. I can't stand fraudulent sellers.

The reality is that Chinese sellers are Amazon's bread and butter. I imagine Amazon chalks up these sorts of scammers as 'a minor cost of doing business'.

With a market capitalization of just under 1 trillion dollars, it's merely a few flies in the ointment for them.

Caveat Emptor.

So no one has gotten a package yet? I'm curious as to what was shipped.

My kid did order one but she cancelled and got a refund real quick. What is interesting is that she is still getting status reports from the USPS. Her package landed in Queens, NY and is now in Nashua, NH enroute to where ever it's going.

My kid did order one but she cancelled and got a refund real quick. What is interesting is that she is still getting status reports from the USPS. Her package landed in Queens, NY and is now in Nashua, NH enroute to where ever it's going.

After talking to Mountain House, I wouldn't trust anything that might actually show up. Even if it looks legit.

Oh, I completely agree. I recently came back from a trip to China and now try to avoid any food stuffs from there. The pollution and counterfeiting is incredible! They were even counterfeiting Nestle water bottles!

But if a package arrives and it's labeled "Mountain Hause" or similar, I want one as a souvenir!

I was thinking this as well!

I dodged a bullet on this one. I asked my wife to order these on her Amazon account. She dragged her feet with ordering and didn't do it. Woman's intuition she says.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads