JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Called and left a voicemail on a marketing persons voicemail at Mountain House, the lady who answered didn't know who to send me to.

Also sent an email.

Asking if I should be concerned about imitation products or knock offs they might be aware of.

Shipping from China...

This should be interesting.

Chloe.jpg

Well...

Here is the reply I got.

Thank you for reaching out. Our product would not be coming from China which would lead me to believe it may be an imitation product. I recommend reaching out to Amazon to see if they can refund your order or dispute it with your bank.

Vonda Fairchild
Sales and Customer Support

FWIW: a little while back I ordered LifeStraws from amazon. Maybe a month or two later I received an unexpected email from amazon telling me that they believe the products are counterfeit, and that they are refunding my payment. Though thankful, I've decided not to purchase anything from amazon in the future where, in the worst case, my life might depend on it. Maybe I'm wrong, but amazon seems to be more susceptible to dealing in counterfeit products than other sources.

Ya, I started the Amazon process. Hoping that Amazon will send the real thing from the USA.

That's the thing, one shouldn't have to check that the item they are buying off amazon is coming from China.

Made in China, is one thing, shipped from them is another.

Made in America and shipped from China, now that's just weird. Also highly suspicious.

Those earrings got here today via USPS.....Not the 18th-23rd. o_O

Reno Thanks for getting this information. I contacted Mountain House in Oregon and Rhonda said they have no contact with product from China. She said she had multiple calls about this matter. I contacted customer service at Amazon to cancel my order as I did not think I wanted to eat that food. Amazon customer svc agent then sent an email to Megach and to me stating that fact. Amazon said to give Megach two days to respond and then contact Amazon again.

This thread has been a real rollercoaster. From the high of scoring that great 4-day deal apparently within minutes of selling out, to the low of checking to see my product is also shipping from Chengdu.

I think I'll start that Amazon return/exchange now.

Playing devils advocate here regards the China thing. There is a very large amount of mountaineering, trekking & such there. Common for folk to head to Chengdu, gear up, then head to Ali/Xiangjian/Tibet Autonomous region etc.

Could be an outfitter or outfitters supplier whom is selling off / sold stock. For whatever reason. Going out of business, old stock, overstock, change in foreigner tourist regs reducing foreigner trekker numbers.

The last bit (change in regs) killed a chunk of business's relying on foreigners in TAR & the Uighur regions about a decade back when there was indigenous peoples upheaval. China simply outlawed foreigner travel there. As a simple example.

Sure, be wary!

Would be easy enough for Mt House to confirm lot #'s, packaging etc. I'd imagine.

Well, according to USPS...

Expected Delivery by
TUESDAY31 DECEMBER2019

December 30, 2019
In Transit, Arriving On Time
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered by the expected delivery date. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 28, 2019, 5:36 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 27, 2019, 4:14 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
December 24, 2019, 12:48 am
CHENGDU EMS, CHINA
December 23, 2019, 10:15 pm
CHENGDU, CHINA
December 23, 2019, 10:27 am
Acceptance
CHINA

So, I guess we'll see tomorrow if it shows up.

Well, according to USPS...

Expected Delivery by
TUESDAY31 DECEMBER2019

December 30, 2019
In Transit, Arriving On Time
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered by the expected delivery date. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 28, 2019, 5:36 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 27, 2019, 4:14 pm
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
December 24, 2019, 12:48 am
CHENGDU EMS, CHINA
December 23, 2019, 10:15 pm
CHENGDU, CHINA
December 23, 2019, 10:27 am
Acceptance
CHINA

So, I guess we'll see tomorrow if it shows up.
Looks like New Years party is at RedRover's place.

Looks like New Years party is at RedRover's place.

December 31, 2019, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
LOS ANGELES, CA 90037
Your item is out for delivery on December 31, 2019 at 7:10 am in LOS ANGELES, CA 90037.
December 31, 2019, 6:46 am
Arrived at Unit
LOS ANGELES, CA 90007
December 31, 2019, 6:04 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
LOS ANGELES, CA 90007
December 31, 2019, 12:52 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Looks like the party is going to be in Los Angeles tonight. I won't be able to host, 'cause I'm still in Oregon, heh.o_O

Methinks Amazon can suck a big fat one.

December 31, 2019, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
LOS ANGELES, CA 90037
Your item is out for delivery on December 31, 2019 at 7:10 am in LOS ANGELES, CA 90037.
December 31, 2019, 6:46 am
Arrived at Unit
LOS ANGELES, CA 90007
December 31, 2019, 6:04 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
LOS ANGELES, CA 90007
December 31, 2019, 12:52 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Looks like the party is going to be in Los Angeles tonight. I won't be able to host, 'cause I'm still in Oregon, heh.o_O

Methinks Amazon can suck a big fat one.

Meh.

Oversees shipping being handed over to USPS...

Odd it says out for delivery tho.

Wierd stuff happens with tracking lately.

We had a box of gifts family sent from the east coast hover back and forth in Montana for 3 days the week before Christmas...a day after it was "out for delivery" Clackamas. We're S Oregon. FedEx.

Plus recently ordered up some PS90 double mag pouches off amazon. Shipped from England, but no tracking avail. Took about 3 weeks (a week shy of advertised). The day I emailed the Co (thru Amazon) re ETA, they showed up in our mailbox. Amazon still lists that order as in transit...

Last Edited:
We got one of these last spring and my wife has put it to good use.

You can freeze dry almost anything with it. She's done soup, stew, meat, pasta, fruit, cooked beans, shredded potatoes, left overs, etc. Seal it in mylar bags and it lasts 25 years. It's at least as good and often much better than the Mountain House stuff I've had. Costs about $3 per 5 pound batch, including storage bags.

We bought this unit as a scratch and dent, although we can't find where it's scratched or dented, for about $1700.

A quick update for this thread.

Requested and immediately received a refund from Amazon for this fraudulent order. I would suggest anyone ITT who also placed an order to do the same ASAP.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top