JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My ex lady friend a former ranking officer and motorcycle rider in Southern Oregon leaves her handgun home when she travels to California. Just that simple. I do not ride on a cycle into California for that reason. To be safe do not bring a gun into that crazy state and avoid looking for trouble.

Point was how to comply with the legal transportation requirements.

I have hard shell side cases on one of my bikes, which also meet the legal requirement, but anyone with a good screwdriver could break into these.

Tourist traps, thieves, LEO are sort of off OP topic considerations. What if when traveling through Charming CA. the Sons of Anarchy steal your bike w/securely stored handgun, (see how irrelevant this can get?)

Point was how to comply with the legal transportation requirements.

I have hard shell side cases on one of my bikes, which also meet the legal requirement, but anyone with a good screwdriver could break into these.

Tourist traps, thieves, LEO are sort of off OP topic considerations. What if when traveling through Charming CA. the Sons of Anarchy steal your bike w/securely stored handgun, (see how irrelevant this can get?)
Thanks for that reprimand....uh WTF are you?
Must be new to forums as this is what happens on them:D
And BTW,have you just woke up from a long winter's rest?

Umm, no not new I've been online since it was invented in the 80's

Retired after working for Apple, Macromedia, MSFT and others, 30 yrs.

That the first amendment you're referring to WRT forums, right?

You're free to go off topic, I'm free to call you out for it and you're welcome to come back, that's how it work, I think. As I understood the OP he was asking how to legally carry in CA not whether he should.

Personally, I hate traveling to CA due to their wicked firearms BS, but still do it legally cause I hate being unarmed even more. When trraveling I bring an easily replaceable gun, vs one of my nicer ones just in case. I'd seriously be more worried about my wheels getting jacked than the locked gun case clipped off the bike, IMHO. If it (gun) was stolen I'd be inclined not to inform out of state LEO, but file a report when home.

I spend more time on SGN out of Seattle than here. Have a couple thousand posts; Been a member here since 2011, but it still says new member, go figure.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top