JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The pic is a 76mm. However I spent the first 20 years of my career working on 5" guns. In fact probably the same system your friend worked on in Nam.

OK...then you probably have knelt in the gun pit of a 5/38 trying to stuff an ejector spring and plunger in with oily fingers after dropping the block. Ever got to duck when it went whizzing around your ears???

I have a couple of cool ones:

634184451510526440-FOILHATS.jpg
633875018555497310-JediMindTrick.jpg
633937824586723960-DaveMustaine.jpg

Very nice. I work with a guy who used to be on a 5" (I think 5" is what he said) gun back in Vietnam. He has some amazing stories.

This is a story that floated among the Tin Can Navy at the end of the Vietnam War:

The USS Turner Joy, a destroyer with three 5"-38's spotted a target off the coast of North Vietnam.

Assuming it friendly, a radio call was put out:
"This is the USS Turner Joy, Please identify yourself."

No response.

Signal lights were used:
"This is the USS Turner Joy, identify yourself, friend or foe."

No response.

Signal lights again:
"This is the USS Turner Joy, identify yourself or we will commence firing"

Answer:
"This is the Battleship USS New Jersey, You may fire when ready!"

When my grandfather was about 80 his doctor told him, "Guy, you're going to have to give up beer altogether."

My grandfather replied, "I'd rather $%#&^ die than quit drinking beer!"

So the doctor said, "Well, you can have one beer a day, but only if you walk the 6 blocks to the store to get it."

So every day my Grandfather would walk the 6 blocks to the store, buy a QUART bottle of beer, and shuffle happily on home with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top