JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I have looked at a lot of threads and do not find the sensor I am looking for. I have a 115 plug in my safe and the LED rope that I use also has a male 115 plug. Does someone make a motion detector that I can put between these two items to turn on when the safe opens? Has someone come up with a better idea on this? I appreciate any new options, but none with pigtails that need to be wired. Thx

A hand grenade wire booby trap. Because once someone broke in, then it's too late to be worried.
Seriously, install good home security system connected to your local PD and bolt your safe down to the floor and walls - this would buy cops a few more minutes.
Another advise: hide the real safe and put a dummy one, full of bricks, in your bedroom.

Last Edited:
A hand grenade wire booby trap. Because once someone broke in, then it's too late to be worried.
Seriously, install good home security system connected to your local PD and bolt your safe down to the floor and walls - this would buy cops a few more minutes.
Another advise: hide the real safe and put a dummy one, full of bricks in your bedroom.

Uh, I don't think that's was the question:rolleyes::D

So I have looked at a lot of threads and do not find the sensor I am looking for. I have a 115 plug in my safe and the LED rope that I use also has a male 115 plug. Does someone make a motion detector that I can put between these two items to turn on when the safe opens? Has someone come up with a better idea on this? I appreciate any new options, but none with pigtails that need to be wired. Thx

This is what came up on an Amazon search.

The wired version are probably better but if you want a no wire install.

IMG_3984.PNG IMG_3985.PNG

What about a simple door or window sensor? Door opens and you're notified?
Honestly, this is more of a convenience for me. Ideally it would shut off after a time and come back(either by light sensing or motion) on when the door is opened. Right now it is on all the time which the light being LED is not so terrible. I live in an apartment complex and my safe is in a garage that is remote from my place, hence the no-wiring part. Fire safety and all. I do not want to get down and reach into the back at the floor to plug anything in every time i want in.

Maybe I should look into a plunger with that would attach to the door frame and have that as an on-and-off switch.....hmmmm

Another advise: hide the real safe and put a dummy one, full of bricks in your bedroom.
I live less than a 1/4 mile from the local popo. That's what, 15 minute response time....

Simply safe types setups have a magnetic bond that when broken (opening the door) sends a signal to the main unit letting one know of entry.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bluetooth/wifi setup on Amazon for sale that would notify your phone when a door such as a safe was opened.

By the time they are in your safe IMHO it is to late! You would be better served with an alarm on windows and doors to notify you that someone is in your home or shop.

Again just my .02

By the time they are in your safe IMHO it is to late! You would be better served with an alarm on windows and doors to notify you that someone is in your home or shop.

Again just my .02
I get that but my original question was strictly about an automatic on/off switch for the LED. The security thing is another project for me. It being remote and out of my wifi range is problematic. But thats for another thread. Thanks

I get that but my original question was strictly about an automatic on/off switch for the LED. The security thing is another project for me. It being remote and out of my wifi range is problematic. But thats for another thread. Thanks

Damn we are talking lights?!!!:oops::rolleyes::eek::p:D Long weekend and not enough caffeine sorry for the thread drift!:s0140:

Yes I have motion activated lights in all my safes. My oldest liberty is on lighting system #4 since new. These LEDs work outstanding and the motion sensor turns on as the door opens, or if I am cleaning and left the door open the lights turn off with no motion, then back on when I walk up.

Used about 1.5 of these kits per safe. You can just add more light strings to them from other kits.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FDAFC3Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes I have motion activated lights in all my safes. My oldest liberty is on lighting system #4 since new. These LEDs work outstanding and the motion sensor turns on as the door opens, or if I am cleaning and left the door open the lights turn off with no motion, then back on when I walk up.

Used about 1.5 of these kits per safe. You can just add more light strings to them from other kits.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FDAFC3Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thats a nice set but I already have the light rope installed. Just looking (hoping) to find a plug n play motion detector. I thinking of checking out getting a push button set up to install. Gonna have to go out and stare at it for a while. Thx

These are worth every penny, have them in my safe, no dark spots.

If I put a safe full of bricks in MY bedroom, it would end up in the kitchen in a pile of rubble.

Do you want corded or non-corded?

21PGtPXVtkL._AC_SY400_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Westek-MLC4B...or+receptacle&qid=1555960339&s=gateway&sr=8-3

31kx1VzJMHL._AC_SY400_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Westek-MLC12...AF83E88VF7R&psc=1&refRID=1FJB8X91PAF83E88VF7R

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top