1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

mothers day gift i want to suppress my moms glock 40

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Wilsongabriel, May 10, 2012.

  1. Wilsongabriel

    Wilsongabriel 97222, milwalkie New Member

    Likes Received:
    She lives out in the hills, and picked up a glock .40 so she can go on her walks. I need to know if you guys can suppress it for me? :thumbup:
    She lives in Douglass.
  2. SavageGerbil

    SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

    Likes Received:
    Shoulda done the paperwork and paid the fee about 6 months ago if you wanted it suppressed for mothers day :(
    they're getting slower and slower with the NFA transfers

    oh yea, and that paperwork is definitely not optional, big felony if you don't
    PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  3. cetme

    cetme oregon city Member

    Likes Received:
    just curious......who sells subsonic .40 caliber ammo?
  4. PBinWA

    PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    A suppressor will almost double the length of the gun too. Not really convenient for going on walks.
  5. DieselScout

    DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    While I am not 100% versed in NFA, I don't think you can suppress you're mother pistol, unless you set up an NFA trust and both you and you're mother are members. This post seems a bit of a troll, either that or ignorance, which is understandable.
  6. mcathcart

    mcathcart Beaverton, Oregon Active Member

    Likes Received:

    ATF Online - Laws, Regulations & Rulings - Laws
  7. MikeIsh

    MikeIsh Portland Member

    Likes Received:
    You can pay for it, she will have to apply for the permit. here is the how too from E-How

    1. Find an authorized Class 3 weapons dealer. You have to find one in the state that you live in, and if you ask around at gun shops or check online, you should be able to find one. Some local and state laws ban silencers and other Class 3 weapons though, so it's important that you check local rules before going through the permit process.

    2. Find the silencer that you want, and pay for it in full. The Class 3 dealer will give you Form 4 to fill out and have signed by the local authorities. You'll need to take your Form 4 to the local police, where you will be fingerprinted and the cops will affirm that no current warrants are on you. You will need to fill out all the personal information, and you'll have to attach two passport photographs of yourself on the form.

    3.Take your Form 4 back to the dealer. The dealer will send it to the FBI for an in-depth check and review. The dealer will tell you about other necessary fees that you'll need to send along with the form for the in-depth background check. This process can take several weeks, but once it's done, you will receive a stamp that clears you to own the silencer you purchased.

    Read more: How to Get a Federal Silencer Permit | eHow.com How to Get a Federal Silencer Permit | eHow.com
    rocky3 and (deleted member) like this.