JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This one doesn't pass the smell test. I used to smoke years ago and for the round to riccochet off the ground she would either have to have held the muzzle of the pistol up over the end of the cigarette with the muzzle pointing to the ground (which you just don't do lighting a cigarette) or have been in some kind of contorted position like almost bent in a "U". I'm calling BS on this one.

This one doesn't pass the smell test. I used to smoke years ago and for the round to riccochet off the ground she would either have to have held the muzzle of the pistol up over the end of the cigarette with the muzzle pointing to the ground (which you just don't do lighting a cigarette) or have been in some kind of contorted position like almost bent in a "U". I'm calling BS on this one.

It never said she was trying to light a cigarette. It said she was trying to light the "lighter". Either way, how stupid can people be?

Whenever somebody either has an accident or gets a citation, or experiences some other negative event in their lives, you can always count on that group of people who want to assure themselves and everybody else that it could never happen to them to start spouting off about how dumb the person had to be, how careless they were, what awful parents they must be, that they are, in short, somehow in a way different class from us intelligent, careful, competent people who could never have it happen to them.

Without more facts I can't make a judgment about the veracity of the story, but I can imagine it going either way. Here's the deal: I've never met a perfect person, so I kinda think that if you play with guns, motorcycles, horses, boats, golf clubs, etc. long enough something unintended will eventually happen. To me that means that the proper response here would be concern for the injured party and reassurance (and maybe education) for the one who caused the injury. Then again, maybe you're that rare person who's never found a gun to be loaded that wasn't supposed to be? Maybe you've never tripped and fallen with a loaded gun in your hand? Add a little bad luck to those situations and suddenly you're "THAT" person.

Here's the deal: I've never met a perfect person, so I kinda think that if you play with guns, motorcycles, horses, boats, golf clubs, etc. long enough something unintended will eventually happen.

Possibly, and you can add eating with a fork, taking a crap in the woods, walking down the street, sleeping, eating microwaveable Mexican dinners, lipping off to your big sister, and flying small planes to your list. But the truth is that educated, responsible folks can go a lifetime without a FU while doing all of these things.

Then again, maybe you're that rare person who's never found a gun to be loaded that wasn't supposed to be?

Yes, I have and I did not shoot anybody with it because I am smarter than that.

Maybe you've never tripped and fallen with a loaded gun in your hand?

Yes again, and once again I am smart enough to know how to fall with a weapon so as not hurt anyone.

Add a little stupidity to those situations and suddenly you're "THAT" person.

There I fixed it.

She says she thought it was a lighter that "looked like a gun", wouldn't you assume it was a GUN? After all it "looked like a gun". Seems like anyone with half a brain would assume the thing that "looks like a gun" is in fact a gun until otherwise proven.

Kind of like the Cheech & Chong skit about Cheborneck and his buddy walking across the tundra when they spot a small brown log shaped object on the ground. After some testing they remarked "Good thing we didn't step on it".

Didn't it say it was a single-action revolver? Doesn't that mean you have to pull the hammer back first? Don't know many lighters that require 'cocking' to operate. And as someone else already mentioned, how in the world would the bullet ricochet off the FLOOR?? Who tries to light a lighter upside down, whether a cigarette is involved or not? Somebody screwed up and didn't put quite enough thought into their coverup story, methinks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top