JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Eric Vita and Jahnisha McIntosh Charged in Accidental Shooting Death of Young Boy in Tacoma
The third in a string of tragic child-related accidental shootings in Western Washington since late February resulted in second-degree manslaughter charges being filed this morning in Pierce County Court against 22-year-old Jahnisha McIntosh and 23-year-old Eric Vita. Three-year-old Julio Segura-McIntosh, one of Jahnisha McIntosh's two young children, accidentally shot himself in the head with a 9mm handgun March 14 at a Shell gas station near the Tacoma Mall.

Get the rest at:
<broken link removed>

A tragedy that could have so easily be averted.

As a father of a 3 year old, this saddens me very deeply. I am always vigilant about properly storing my guns so that he can't get at them. Age appropriate gun education,(not touching guns unless daddy is holding it and allowing it, etc.) is also, absolutely essential.

This seemed the inevitable for this poor kid if his mom hung out with this idiot for long.
He would show off the gun to friends and this little boy,then show off the laser too.
So the kid was fascinated by the gun.Apparently the friends ,not so much.
He was wearing the gun in his pants,not a holster,and was "sagging" that night.The store clerk had already called the cops on him before cause the gun would show.

Basically this guy was a walking time bomb and a poster boy for gun safety classes.
Not sure I'm 100% sure who pulled the trigger though.I never believe these things when there is a boyfriend who is not the kid's dad.
How did the kid shoot himself in the middle of the forehead? Maybe I'm just cynical?
Naa I guess they would look at the security vids.

So out of the 3 cases, 2 of them are bringing charges. So the cop gets to walk free, that is BS (unless something changed I didn't hear about). If they are off-duty they should be held to the same standards as the rest of us low life civilians .

The guy is negligent and reckless for leaving one in the chamber around children if nothing else.

No we don't need trigger locks in Wa. everybody needs education.

Has anyone asked what in the hell this guy was doing in Tacoma at 12:30am with 2 children in the car?

Has anyone asked what in the hell this guy was doing in Tacoma at 12:30am with 2 children in the car?

That was our first question (wife and I) and being local to the area I am fully aware of the clientele that frequent that particular corner, and in no way is it "family-friendly" even at 12:30 in the afternoon. To even have the children there at that hour, in my opinion, shows alot for his character.

Who cares, last I checked we still had a right to be anywhere at anytime.

I don't think anyone is questioning a persons right to do what they want, when they want so long as it's within the law to do so. The question was one of common-sense and why things played out the way they did considering the culmination of the tragic-event was preventable.

Yes you do, but if it indicates possible criminal behavior and negligence in care of a child it can go against you in court.. actions have consequences

Yeah, what he said.
The boyfriend in situation is obviously not resposible enough to be in possesion of a firearm and I am sure the court will see it that way also. Not too sure how much punishment the mother should recieve since I do not know all the particulars of the case but if I was the father of that child I would be reaching out and touching the boyfriend.

So out of the 3 cases, 2 of them are bringing charges. So the cop gets to walk free, that is BS (unless something changed I didn't hear about). If they are off-duty they should be held to the same standards as the rest of us low life civilians .

By no means am I an opponent of law enforcement; but when it comes to the officers of the law that claim "superior training" and "situational awareness" over us civilians, (when it is in thier favor to keep the citzens unarmed, and therefor 'safe' for/in society because they feel us inept in using/carrying firearms for defense) to be so negligent with his/her firearm and then go free just because of his/her position as an officer in a crime that would have otherwise landed anyone of us in the slammer is BS. If anything, when those that are sworn to "serve and protect" do anything but that and cause harm to the innocent, should be held to a higher-standard of punishment.

I dont know why they are charging the mother, since she isnt the one who left an unsecured weapon lying around where a child could get it. From what I can tell her only crime is having an idiot for a boyfriend.

Definetly not questioning rights but I think it says something about a person if they are in that area at that time of the night,

Really, now we are judging people by the area and time they are there?? Last I checked a gas station was a legitimate stop. When the government does this everybody goes crazy, but it is OK for us to have double standards.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top