JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

According to Snopes, Motel 6 acknowledged this and did what they could to correct it.

Origins: This item about an Atlanta outlet of the
Motel 6 budget lodging chain turning away an in-transit 20-year-old U.S. Army soldier (with a reservation) at midnight because he was underage hit social media circles at the end of March 2014. The Motel 6 company acknowledged on their Facebook page that an incident of this nature did take place at one of their Atlanta motels:
It is our honor and policy to welcome military personnel at Motel 6. We are aware of an incident that took place at one of our Atlanta locations regarding age restrictions. We take these concerns and comments very seriously and are currently looking into this situation to take the appropriate action.
The soldier in question (Chet Light) offered his side of the story as follows:
Here is what happened. I arrived in Atlanta at twelve o'clock and went to check in. She asked me for my ID so I gave her my military id. She told me that I couldn't stay there because of my age. I explained to her that I was military and I have no where else to go and I have to fly to Alaska the next day. She said there was nothing she could do. I had to stay in another hotel that cost 150 dollars.
To which Motel 6 replied:
Hi Chet. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Again, we sincerely apologize for your experience. We have sent you a Facebook message and hope you will respond so that we can investigate this matter further.
On 1 April 2014, Motel 6 again posted to their Facebook page to announce their resolution of the issue:
We'd like to extend our sincerest apologies again to the Light family. We are eager to update our Facebook community on the resolution.

We have spoken directly with this guest and we are reimbursing him for both the cost of the Motel 6 room and the costs incurred while staying at the other hotel. Furthermore, we have re-communicated to all Motel 6 properties our check-in policy; we welcome military personnel of all ages.

Again we'd like to apologize that this incident occurred. We are steadfast in our commitment to serve all military personnel and our loyal Motel 6 guests and hope that we will see you soon.

The Policies section of that page has since been modified to include an exception for military personnel:
Minimum check-in age is 21, or 18 with a valid Military ID.

Ya think they (motel 6) might have had their new policy in place a decade ago. How many of our military got this same treatment in the past!
We'll keep the light on for Ya.
They are proud of the fact they are an American company so they say in their radio advertising. (Just heard it)
They might spend more time reviewing their internal policies than their bottom line!
My freshly minted 2 cents.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top