JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure if 4 bore is the same as 4 gauge, but the punt gun I saw in a museum was 4 gauge.
It was designed to be braced against the middle seat of a wooden duck hunting boat. More like AAA for birds than a shotgun.

Reminds me of the Toz-123 in 4-gauge. I had a chance to buy one a very long time ago, passed, and regretted it. Then set Gunbroker alert for one and forgot about it. Someone was liquidating a large collection and several came up for auction around the time my first child was born. Due to the coming of said most beloved little person and the fact I had long moved on, I passed. But visions of, well, shoulder dislocation still danced in my head for a spell. :s0112:

1539437716_2972817.jpg

Strange.....I have the exact story. A 6" 629 bought from a member here. Came with a box of factory ammo. Damn I'm a pussy when it comes to recoil. I just don't see a use for it. Hand loaded and shot .44 special in it. Wasn't as cool as I thought so sold it, and dies, brass and bullets to another member.

The Ruger SP101 w/.357mag was another I shot, twice, back when I wanted to appear manly, and handed it back.

Mine was the 6" barrel too. I thought longer barrel, less recoil (Hell No!). And I had just bought 1000 rounds of .44 magnum that I split with my brother (500 rounds) who had a Ruger Blackhawk also in 44 magnum, but the Ruger had much less recoil than the S&W. Boy that model 629 is a pretty gun. But I couldn't handle the recoil. Give me .45 or .40 caliber and no problem with recoil, but the 629 was too much for me.

PF9 is actually pretty slick compared to the P-11 or P-40, and the 40 adds in the recoil of 40 S&W

The bad part for me is heavy long trigger pull and man hands. I have slightly thin, long fingers and regular man-palms. My finger won't go that far back to fire without recoil hurting.

I had a Taurus TCP 380 for my daily for awhile. I could only get though to mags when practicing but one was bad enough. Though I do have to say that pistol never ever failed to fire for me. I would have to hold on for dear life with my large glove sized hands. I would always have to adjust my grip between every shot. It did have two failures when my daughter fired it. I think it was because she just couldn't hold on tight enough. it went to a new home here on NWF. I warned the buyer to hang on. I now inherited a Dimondback Micro .380 Go figure.

Someone let me shoot their DB9 at the range once. Just too much with double action for my hands/fingers.

A friend and I were having a good time shooting his S&W model 29 with a box of .44 Russian cartridges, when he asked if I would like to try some, "Hand Loads". :rolleyes:

I was shooting old style military one handed and when I fired the first shot, the pistol torqued to the left, lifted my foot off of the ground and tried to unscrew my arm at the shoulder. :s0001:

My shoulder hurt badly enough that my shooting for the day was over. :(

I guess I'm no Dirty Harry. :s0092:

* Funny though, I've shot my brother's Ruger .44 magnums without any problems.:)

Had a problem with my .458S AR when I first put it together. The first butt stock I put on was a, "Tacti-Cool" collapsible. I found a Tooling Hole ??? in the top would make little round cuts in my cheek from recoil. So I went back to a military A2. :s0092:

OK I'll add mine.

Has got to be hands down the Hi-Point 40 handgun.
Poor grip. Terrible trigger. Poor recoil controls. Anyone want to buy off me. Cheap. (Only reason I got it is that it came as part of a larger firearms group purchase.)

OK I'll add mine.

Has got to be hands down the Hi-Point 40 handgun.
Poor grip. Terrible trigger. Poor recoil controls. Anyone want to buy off me. Cheap. (Only reason I got it is that it came as part of a larger firearms group purchase.)

I'll offer you the same deal I've given others here. How much will you pay me to take it off your hands? I have a high and low in mind already. :D

Reminds me of the Toz-123 in 4-gauge. I had a chance to buy one a very long time ago, passed, and regretted it. Then set Gunbroker alert for one and forgot about it. Someone was liquidating a large collection and several came up for auction around the time my first child was born. Due to the coming of said most beloved little person and the fact I had long moved on, I passed. But visions of, well, shoulder dislocation still danced in my head for a spell. :s0112:

View attachment 837533
I still want that 4 gauge flintlock blunderbuss

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews