JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure if 4 bore is the same as 4 gauge, but the punt gun I saw in a museum was 4 gauge.
It was designed to be braced against the middle seat of a wooden duck hunting boat. More like AAA for birds than a shotgun.

Not sure if 4 bore is the same as 4 gauge, but the punt gun I saw in a museum was 4 gauge.
It was designed to be braced against the middle seat of a wooden duck hunting boat. More like AAA for birds than a shotgun.

Reminds me of the Toz-123 in 4-gauge. I had a chance to buy one a very long time ago, passed, and regretted it. Then set Gunbroker alert for one and forgot about it. Someone was liquidating a large collection and several came up for auction around the time my first child was born. Due to the coming of said most beloved little person and the fact I had long moved on, I passed. But visions of, well, shoulder dislocation still danced in my head for a spell. :s0112:

1539437716_2972817.jpg

Strange.....I have the exact story. A 6" 629 bought from a member here. Came with a box of factory ammo. Damn I'm a pussy when it comes to recoil. I just don't see a use for it. Hand loaded and shot .44 special in it. Wasn't as cool as I thought so sold it, and dies, brass and bullets to another member.

The Ruger SP101 w/.357mag was another I shot, twice, back when I wanted to appear manly, and handed it back.

Mine was the 6" barrel too. I thought longer barrel, less recoil (Hell No!). And I had just bought 1000 rounds of .44 magnum that I split with my brother (500 rounds) who had a Ruger Blackhawk also in 44 magnum, but the Ruger had much less recoil than the S&W. Boy that model 629 is a pretty gun. But I couldn't handle the recoil. Give me .45 or .40 caliber and no problem with recoil, but the 629 was too much for me.

PF9 is actually pretty slick compared to the P-11 or P-40, and the 40 adds in the recoil of 40 S&W

The bad part for me is heavy long trigger pull and man hands. I have slightly thin, long fingers and regular man-palms. My finger won't go that far back to fire without recoil hurting.

I had a Taurus TCP 380 for my daily for awhile. I could only get though to mags when practicing but one was bad enough. Though I do have to say that pistol never ever failed to fire for me. I would have to hold on for dear life with my large glove sized hands. I would always have to adjust my grip between every shot. It did have two failures when my daughter fired it. I think it was because she just couldn't hold on tight enough. it went to a new home here on NWF. I warned the buyer to hang on. I now inherited a Dimondback Micro .380 Go figure.

Someone let me shoot their DB9 at the range once. Just too much with double action for my hands/fingers.

A friend and I were having a good time shooting his S&W model 29 with a box of .44 Russian cartridges, when he asked if I would like to try some, "Hand Loads". :rolleyes:

I was shooting old style military one handed and when I fired the first shot, the pistol torqued to the left, lifted my foot off of the ground and tried to unscrew my arm at the shoulder. :s0001:

My shoulder hurt badly enough that my shooting for the day was over. :(

I guess I'm no Dirty Harry. :s0092:

* Funny though, I've shot my brother's Ruger .44 magnums without any problems.:)

Had a problem with my .458S AR when I first put it together. The first butt stock I put on was a, "Tacti-Cool" collapsible. I found a Tooling Hole ??? in the top would make little round cuts in my cheek from recoil. So I went back to a military A2. :s0092:

OK I'll add mine.

Has got to be hands down the Hi-Point 40 handgun.
Poor grip. Terrible trigger. Poor recoil controls. Anyone want to buy off me. Cheap. (Only reason I got it is that it came as part of a larger firearms group purchase.)

OK I'll add mine.

Has got to be hands down the Hi-Point 40 handgun.
Poor grip. Terrible trigger. Poor recoil controls. Anyone want to buy off me. Cheap. (Only reason I got it is that it came as part of a larger firearms group purchase.)

I'll offer you the same deal I've given others here. How much will you pay me to take it off your hands? I have a high and low in mind already. :D

Reminds me of the Toz-123 in 4-gauge. I had a chance to buy one a very long time ago, passed, and regretted it. Then set Gunbroker alert for one and forgot about it. Someone was liquidating a large collection and several came up for auction around the time my first child was born. Due to the coming of said most beloved little person and the fact I had long moved on, I passed. But visions of, well, shoulder dislocation still danced in my head for a spell. :s0112:

View attachment 837533
I still want that 4 gauge flintlock blunderbuss

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews