JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shot my grandpas 44 mag redhawk when I was in my late teens. whatever unholy loads he was making severely bruised the webbing of my hand. Now I shoot 50ae and 454 for fun. But the thought of that 44mag is enough for me to nope on out. I like recoil within reason. My 357 GP100 6 inch really does not have much. Now my ruger lcr in 38 special. Holy monkeys! that little thing hurts. I could touch off 100 hot 357 loads out of the gp100 far easier than one 38 special out of the LCR
Yeah, I've got a 686, and .357 isn't any problem. I still shoot .38 in it though. "LCR" wifey has an LC9, what an annoying little "Piece" that is to shoot with man hands. But her Sig P938 is small, but a pleasure to shoot being single action.

Yeah, I've got a 686, and .357 isn't any problem. I still shoot .38 in it though. "LCR" wifey has an LC9, what an annoying little "Piece" that is to shoot with man hands. But her Sig P938 is small, but a pleasure to shoot being single action.
The LC9S is much nicer. I had an LC9. I believe my words when I sold it off were to take anything offered, I want it gone. I have really small hands, so I shoot a lot of guns that some consider too small, I really love big, heavy revolvers too though.

Well someone can, LOL.

I have something rarer than that: A Forrest King SxS 12 gauge shotgun. Nobody knows anything about it. I'm aware of two other people trying to find information on them, but they don't seem to have fared any better.
Don't mean to skew the thread, but Flopsweat, did you ever find out any information on that Forest King shotgun?
I found one entry at a forum where a guy found one of the shotguns made by Crescent Arms (sometime between 1892 and 1930) was made for the Foster-Thornburg Hardware Company of Huntington, WV.
They made the guns for that hardware store under several names, one being "Forest King".

Dean

Don't mean to skew the thread, but Flopsweat, did you ever find out any information on that Forest King shotgun?
I found one entry at a forum where a guy found one of the shotguns made by Crescent Arms (sometime between 1892 and 1930) was made for the Foster-Thornburg Hardware Company of Huntington, WV.
They made the guns for that hardware store under several names, one being "Forest King".

Dean
Thanks! I did find a post at a shotgun forum saying it might have been made by a company named Hunter Arms Co. They made guns under several brand names and Forest King is listed as one. I'll check out this lead too.

A 7.5" 5.56 upper with the standard A2 flash hider; the concussive blast from the muzzle and resulting flash resulted in zero enjoyment or practical use of the firearm!

As I stated elsewhere, recoil doesn't bother me. But I was at a rondy in Idaho a couple of years ago, and this guy had a 4 bore rifle and...........I won't be buying one any time soon. :D

I had a Taurus TCP 380 for my daily for awhile. I could only get though to mags when practicing but one was bad enough. Though I do have to say that pistol never ever failed to fire for me. I would have to hold on for dear life with my large glove sized hands. I would always have to adjust my grip between every shot. It did have two failures when my daughter fired it. I think it was because she just couldn't hold on tight enough. it went to a new home here on NWF. I warned the buyer to hang on. I now inherited a Dimondback Micro .380 Go figure.

700 nitro express, once was enough, and I am glad I was not the one paying for the ammo.

I would not want to stare down deadly game with this, if you're not ready for that kick you will miss and get eaten.

Last Edited:
As I stated elsewhere, recoil doesn't bother me. But I was at a rondy in Idaho a couple of years ago, and this guy had a 4 bore rifle and...........I won't be buying one any time soon. :D
A four bore takes a 1,750 grain round ball. Did the dentist have to replace the cavity fillings in your teeth?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top