JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wait, people actually bought those?!?!? I've never actually seen one in the wild, but it's reputation proceeds itself
I sold it after shooting it. I'm fairly certain still has it. Hope for his sake he hasn't shot it.

My first shotgun was a Maverick 88 and recoil pad was just a hard piece of hard rubber or something. I shot 25 rounds through it. I immediately ordered a Limbsaver pad. I eventually put a Houge over molded buttstock on since it has swivel on it.

My first shotgun was a Maverick 88 and recoil pad was just a hard piece of hard rubber or something. I shot 25 rounds through it. I immediately ordered a Limbsaver pad. I eventually put a Houge over molded buttstock on since it has swivel on it.
You didn't like the Limbsaver?

TC contender 44 pistol with a factory 6" ish hot shot barrel , which was made to fire either regular 4 4mag or special shotshell loads. Very light weight octagonal barrel with a removable choke. Of course I had to buy a box of 240 grain full power loads. Shot 12 rounds. After that my hand was shaking to the point I couldn't focus on the sights. Sold the barrel , then gave my so the remaining 38 leftover rounds 28 years later.

Eventually most encounter one; vicious recoil, poor ergonomics, badly thought out design, something gonzo for the sake of being so, etc. that results in a truly unpleasant shooting firearm.

Which was yours and why?
Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 special. Weighed 16 oz. On the first shot, it jumped two feet and twisted fiercely and tried to escape my hands entirely. Very unpleasant. On the third shot the hammer and several other parts fell out of the gun and into the mud. I was off by myself, far from help; I was lucky I was uninjured.

This was with standard over-the-counter .44sp ammo, that is, very soft load compared to specialty loads one can buy these days. But the amount and type recoil was horrific. That twist of the gun as part of the recoil is something I can't deal with at all. For me, the gun was just too light to shoot with even low-end .44sp loads. Sure was nice to carry, though.

My little 360 PD (11oz, 357 mag) isn't really pleasant, but with the addition of Crimson Trace laser grips, so I can at least get my whole hand on it .... it's still miserable.

Still plan to get a 329 PD

Kahr PM40

Great gun, accurate for its size, reliable, perfect CC, but not fun to practice with! Only room for two fingers on the grip. After a box of .40 S&W the muscle between my thumb and 1st finger felt bruised for days.

Back in 1953 I was 12 yrears old. My friend and I sneaked out with hi older brother's 348 Win Model 71. We each fired it out behind the barn. My shoulder hurt for a week as I recall.

High Standard Derringer, .22mag. Not mine, a guy at the range said "you got to try this" and stuck it in my hand.
Felt like being smacked in the palm with a 20oz ball peen hammer.

Last Edited:
Eventually most encounter one; vicious recoil, poor ergonomics, badly thought out design, something gonzo for the sake of being so, etc. that results in a truly unpleasant shooting firearm.

Which was yours and why?
I have three, all unpleasant for different reasons!
My first 22 revolver was an Ivor Johnson that had a lot of cylinder play. It has such a sharp report that even with ear protection it rings my ears!
The second is a 45 Colt Deringer that no one has ever asked to shoot a second time! The back of the trigger raps you on the knuckle every time it fires!
And the third is a first gen Marlin Guide gun! The second gen they added a pound to it and ported it. It's another that no one ever asks to shoot twice! DR

Linda carbine. Only gun I've ever wanted to bash over a boulder.
I didn't know that gun existed. Sure looks cool. Too bad function doesn't match the looks.

Kinda reminds me of the sites pistol (I don't mean in terms of poor function). I always wanted to try that one. I think the sites would be a great gun if a person added a thin brace (or folding stock if sbr). Then whole gun would still be thin. I love that quad stack magazine.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads