JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A zip22. The one that used a 10-22 mag. It emptied the mag in about a half a second every time you pulled trigger and cut your hand up with the fragged copper from the cases that didn't make it into the chamber before they fired. I sent it back to Davidson for repair and they replaced with a new one that shredded the barrel the first time I shot it. I just kept in the box as a reminder to buy real guns, not funny looking guns...

A zip22. The one that used a 10-22 mag. It emptied the mag in about a half a second every time you pulled trigger and cut your hand up with the fragged copper from the cases that didn't make it into the chamber before they fired. I sent it back to Davidson for repair and they replaced with a new one that shredded the barrel the first time I shot it. I just kept in the box as a reminder to buy real guns, not funny looking guns...
I've never owned or shot one, thank goodness, but I think one could make the case that is the worst gun ever made.

Two come to mind.

I had a friend who wanted a Ruger #1 in .45-70 in the worst way. One day I drove out to the range and he was there shooting. I parked my car and called out to him that I saw that he had managed to find one. He replied, "Not exactly." He found a #1 in .458 Win Mag. Asked me if I wanted to shoot it? I said, just once - what do you have for ammo? Factory 500 grain solids. He wanted me to shoot it from the bench - not on your life. Shot it once, standing - only time I'd do that again would be at a charging Cape Buffalo - and that ain't likely to happen.

I shot a lot of handgun metallic silhouette in the late-70's to mid-80's and really wasn't recoil averse. Shot a Ruger SBH, a Model 29 and finally settled on a T/C Contender in .30 Herrett. My unlimited gun was a Remington XP100 chambered in .308 Win - so recoil really didn't bother me that much.

In the mid-80's I was the victim of a burglary and the .30 Herrett Contender barrel and XP100 were both stolen. Making brass for the .30 Herrett was a real PITA, so I decided to replace that with something easy to reload. I bought a .357 Max barrel. Didn't have to worry about flame cutting the top strap with a single-shot and the ammo was straight-walled and could be loaded with carbide dies - easy-peasy. That .357 Max Contender was, and still is, the most brutally recoiling handgun I've ever shot - and mine was equipped with Pachmayr rubber furniture.

Those are my stories and I'm sticking to them.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

A H&R single shot 30-06.

That rifle kicked like a SOB. That ruined me for shooting any rifle in a larger caliber. Made me a sissy.

I've shot several 30-06 rifles and larger but that rifle was miserable to shoot.

clearconscience,

If you still have that H&R fit it with a Limbsaver pad.
My H&R shotgun beat the crap out of my shoulder, but once I fit it with the Limbsaver, shooting it is no problem.
They really work!

Dean

Rossi Ranch Hand in .44 Mag with full power 240gr loads.

Due to grip angle and hard to hold with two hands (giggity) the pistol was a bugger to shoot.

This was an unpleasant experience with a very pleasant firearm due to inexperience. I was out duck hunting with my father at about 13 or 14 years old. I had been shooting a 870 20 gauge and doing pretty decent. The old man figured I was ready to try his win model 12 in 12 ga. I was outside the blind trying to settle our lab down when a flock of teal come bombing in. I raised up and shot and saw a nice drake greenwing fall while simultaneously running the pump for a second shot. Boy was I surprised when the gun fired again as the action came into battery. I did not have the stock positioned on my shoulder square and it walloped me pretty good and needless to say I was not on target and muffed the double. The old man was laughing pretty good and said " yeah, I forgot to tell you to keep your finger off the trigger when racking it, but I guess you figured that out". o_O

Glock 23, pretty offensive and unpleasant to shoot. .40 is a hot round. Now, when I see even lighter guns in the .40 I have to laugh.

Dan wesson .357 revolver. The shock wave from the side and fire ball was unreal.

Full day of duck hunting with a vary light Stevens single shot 12 ga and 3" magnum shells...omg, never again.

this little beauty.
1603936648438.png

shooting 44 reg is not that bad but 44 magnum sends that trigger guard into your knuckles.
I am looking for some rubber grips for it.

Cousin, or maybe grandpa? My dad bought that jetfire in the 70s or maybe 60s. It had a little sentimental value, but none of my siblings wanted it, and seeing as I couldn't hit anything with it (besides my own hand), I sold it and spent the money on the 30-06 remington 721, ironically. I bought a yugoslavian m57a in 7.62x25 tokarev to carry with me in the woods. I figure if I am going to own a handgun, it should be more of an asset than a liability, hah.

I think there was the Jetfire, the Bobcat, and also a Tomcat. The Tomcat was apparently double or single action. The jetfires were SA only.

Funny enough, when I picked up the yugo m57, there was a guy in the gun shop who had a whole set of these old pocket guns. I mean he had bought like 6 and had another dozen at home. He liked to collect them.
I think I have all of those berettas actually. I do love old pocket guns. I have a .22 Bobcat, a .25 jetfire, and a tomcat in .32. I am going to admit I love .32acp, but the tomcat is of the 3, the only one I don't like that much. the bobcat I got the barrel threaded and it will cycle anything.

For me an early model Glock 23. Already had a G19, so made sense to go G23 and have the .40 available too. Think size is where the similarities ended, at least for me.

While I can snuff out a candle at 20 paces with the G19, the G23 was all over the place. The recoil impulse, at least to me, felt worse than the G30. Way too snappy and twisty and made me look like a horrible shot (worse than normal). Was a less than an enjoyable shooting experience. Sold that beast off to a friend, some 17 years ago, he still has it and still swears by it.

I shot a friend's 308 Winchester a week before my wedding. My face was much too close to the scope and I wasn't prepared for the recoil. On the first shot, the scope hit me right between the eyebrows and split me open pretty good. Luckily I didn't need stitches, but I had a nice little mark for my wedding pictures. Obviously not the gun's fault, but I was glad to give everyone a good laugh... :confused:

Last Edited:
At one time I had a replica of a .62 Cal. Tower Flintlock Pistol. :D
The first time I shot it with a load of lead shot, the ram rod went flying and the recoil almost broke my wrist.:eek:
After that I shot glass marbles and it wasn't nearly as bad. :)

Last Edited:
I shot a friend's 308 Winchester a week before my wedding. My face was much too close to the scope and I wasn't prepared for the recoil. On the first shot, the scope hit me right between the eyebrows and split me open pretty good. Luckily I didn't need stitches, but I had a nice little mark for my wedding pictures. Obviously not the gun's fault, but I was glad to give everyone a good laugh... :confused:
That happened to a friend of my dad's back in the 50's.
Brand spankin' new BAR in .30-06 with a 3-9X scope.
He set the scope too far back and the first time he shot it, POW! nice little shiner around his right eye.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top