JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Jetfire is the .25 they took away from 007, in the movie Dr.No (the infamous "hits like a brick through a plate glass window" scene).
The Bobcat is the .22 RF version.
The Tomcat is a larger .32 ACP gun based on the Jetfire design.

Dean
Must not forget the "Minx" if discussing Beretta mouse guns.:s0062:

In the Book "On her majesty's secret service" there was a gunfight where Bond at less than 40 ' was firing at an opponent and could hear the bullets falling to the floor after hitting the sheetmetal behind his target...sounded exactly like a .25 ACP behavior to me, like a good wool jumper and a nice Seville row suit and raincoat might be sufficient body armor. But I can certainly understand him not liking the PPK either...slide biting SOB.

Back to unpleasantness; I have a Taurus 605 snub revolver that we've had since around 2005. With .38 Special loads, it is great for the niche; good trigger, totally reliable, and packs easy. With .357 Magnum loads, however, it is downright painful to shoot and super noisy. Easy enough to avoid, but most unpleasant.

In the Book "On her majesty's secret service" there was a gunfight where Bond at less than 40 ' was firing at an opponent and could hear the bullets falling to the floor after hitting the sheetmetal behind his target...sounded exactly like a .25 ACP behavior to me, like a good wool jumper and a nice Seville row suit and raincoat might be sufficient body armor. But I can certainly understand him not liking the PPK either...slide biting SOB.
I think ur right, it's funny they wanted bond to move "up" from the .25 acp to .32 acp (I think it was, someone correct next if I'm wrong). We think of .32 today as wimpy but I think in Europe that was really popular as well as early USA pocket guns too I think (as well as .25 acp I think, but I'm no expert).

from that article linked above it sounds like the novel had him using a beretta 418 but films had him using a beretta M1934... but both had him switching to ppk.

Last Edited:
I think ur right, it's funny they wanted bond to move "up" from the .25 acp to .32 acp (I think it was, someone correct next if I'm wrong). We think of .32 today as wimpy but I think in Europe that was really popular as well as early USA pocket guns too I think (as well as .25 acp I think, but I'm no expert).

from that article linked above it sounds like the novel had him using a beretta 418 but films had him using a beretta M1934... but both had him switching to ppk.
I also remember in the book that he had removed the grips on the Beretta and placed a cardboard or part of a playing card cover over the mag hole and wrapped the frame with thin tape so it wouldn't ruin the line of his suit as much.

The jetfire came in both 25 and 22, but it was 22 short. I think the .22S version was the minx. Other than a few extra rounds capacity, the muzzle energy of both 22S and 25acp are around 64ft-lbs. A .32acp is supposed to be more like 125-180 depending on loads (barrels about 4" vs jetfires having 2-3" usually) according to some charts I found and wikipedia. .32acp had quite a lot of military use at least. I don't think .25acp ever did.

If I had only the options of .32acp vs .25acp or .22S, I would definitely consider .32acp an upgrade.

Glock17 = "The most unpleasant firearm I ever shot"

I was in college and invited this smoking hot forestry girl to go the woods to go shoot. She said yes and I knew it was ON. She showed up with a tight top and killer short shorts. BUT what made shooting my favorite GLOCK "the most unpleasant firearm" was she brought her BOYFRIEND who did not own a gun and wanted to shoot all my ammo. o_O:(. Never again. And man it sucked.

Glock17 = "The most unpleasant firearm I ever shot"

I was in college and invited this smoking hot forestry girl to go the woods to go shoot. She said yes and I knew it was ON. She showed up with a tight top and killer short shorts. BUT what made shooting my favorite GLOCK "the most unpleasant firearm" was she brought her BOYFRIEND who did not own a gun and wanted to shoot all my ammo. o_O:(. Never again. And man it sucked.
My favorite one in the whole thread!

My wife has owned and carried one of these for years. It is chunky for a mouse-gun, but is very reliable, and has a surprisingly good trigger for a pistol of this kind. :)
Its funny how quickly things change.
In the mid 90's, when the Tomcat came out, it was considered the "mighty mite" of the gun world, because it was seen as something in the "tiny gun" class (heretofor only the domain of the 25's) but it shot the (more) powerful .32 acp.
Nowadays, its chunky and overweight (sorry, not a slight on your post, but I've heard similar comments a lot recently).
I'm very happy that your wife is enjoying the gun. Beretta does make a fine firearm.
They used to have frame cracking problems, but they finally overcame that a few years ago. Oddly enough, it was a mod to the slide that fixed that. :eek:

Dean

Most unpleasant gun by far was a S&W snubnosed .357 magnum with WOOD grips. I wasn't big into guns back in those days so I have no idea what the model was. The recoil with the small wood grip was unmanageable. It hurt to shoot. Way, way worse than shooting the Ruger LCP which is a distant 2nd to that 357.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top