Defensive Arts
HighLine Firearms
Southwest Firearms
Simply Triggers
J&B Firearm Sales
Sporting Systems

OldBroad44

Reactions
Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special. It weighed about 18 oz. as I recall. I loaded it with some form over-the-counter factory .44 special, which was likely about/under 300 ft. lbs. (Standard factory .44 sp. is loaded very low compared with its potential.) However when I let off the first round, the gun raised my hands two feet and twisted sharply about 95 degrees. It nearly left my hands. The grips were checkered wood, too. On the third shot the hammer and several other parts fell off and into the mud. That did not add to my confidence. A full power .44mag in an ordinary weight gun is a pussycat compared with even A light load in a super light gun.

ilikegunspdx

Reactions
Could be this one

.577 Tyrannosaur T-rex

Some of those guys the way they hold the rifle u know what it's going to look like before they even fire. I looked at wiki and that round is 10,000 fpe! How about a 17,000 fpe 2 bore stopping rifle (but held correctly)? :p I can't remember if this is from Ian's 4 bore or 2 bore video, but either way it's nuts!
C65E2D1B-D9F1-43FB-A76D-050C3091A513.jpeg

Last Edited:
Reactions
Went shooting with my SIL's cousin who collects odd guns. He brought a derringer in 45-70, colt, a BFR in 45-70, and the worst one for me was the Liberator 45ACP. That piece of sheet metal was by far the most worthless thing ever to fir a projectile.

Rem725

Reactions
Don't suppose you kept the mags- I've been looking for 1910 .401 mags for ages. It was my Grandpa's gun and it kicks like a mule.... but it was a LOT of fun before my Mom took the ammo and the mags for it to a police disposal event while I was at college. Those mags are hard to find!
Nope. Mags long gone. Had 2 each 5 shot and 10 shot.

DeanMk

Reactions
We were shooting old milspec ammo, wearing T shirts in summer. Might be the difference. Again, not a bad rifle, just was harsh under our conditions.
Apologies Rider.
I didn't take into account that some people are more recoil sensitive than others....which could also have something to do with the differences in our experiences with that round.
It was just the first time I can remember anyone mentioning the recoil of a 7mm Mauser as anything approaching "punishing".
FWIW, I believe I shot that deer with some Argentine military rounds that were re-capped with pointed soft point bullets. My brother bought them back in the 60's, when he got the gun.

Southwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Pacwest Defense
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Cerberus Training Group
Sporting Systems

Upcoming Events

Rimfire Challenge July 31st @ DRRC
Eagle Creek, OR
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond, OR

Latest Resource Reviews