JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Winchester 1910 .401 Self Loader.

A five shot magazine would go automatic. And I was literally knocked down to my with butt on ground.
The five shots went off so fast there was only one perceived big bang. Good thing I didn't load the 10 shot mag. Dad shot it too. Also ended on his butt with the gun pointed straight up. We quit right then. It was kind of fun though.

Gunsmith Fransen said it was not fixable. So I sold it as parts gun.

One aside thing about the Winchester 1910 .401 above...
Gunsmith Fransen made a pass through swage for the loading press that squeezed jacketed .41 Magnum bullets down to .401. Pure lanolin lube was required for the bullet to go through.

The 1896 version (very long receiver) of the Schmidt-Rubin, in 7.5x55.

I've the long arms of a chimpanzee, so the stock was too short for me. The trigger pull was VERY stiff (no idea why). The straight pull back bolt was just awkward for me to use. I don't recall a bad recoil, I do recall that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, it was hitting way off mark.

I cleaned it up and sold it off. I was truthful, mentioned how it was hitting far off mark, how the trigger pull was awful.

Last Edited:
I have an H&R single shot break action slug gun. For some reason I decided to shoot a 3 1/2" mag round through it. Um, yeah, not doing that again.

I tried & tried but couldnt think of 1 that was bad, all the way from the Pop Guns we would shove into the dirt as kids prior to BB Gun fights thru 16s, 14s, 79s, 106 recoiless, 50s etc.
A 105 in an M60 was fun..:)

but that TINY FEG P61 or 63 kinda bit. Pinched the web between my thumb & forefinger to bleeding. :confused:

Grew up in NYC in the 50's "picked up" a no name .38 with the barrel hack sawed off to 2", no front site, cylinder timing way off and firing pin sharpened to a point. It would pierce primers and shave lead all over the place, I'd cover my head with one arm and turn away when firing it. This was a big step up from a zip gun...:D

Ruger LCP. When they came out and were all the rage, my buddy got one. I shot it a few times. Just felt really uncomfortable to me, didn't like it. Then again, I've never been a fan of the pocket .380's.

Ruger LCP. When they came out and were all the rage, my buddy got one. I shot it a few times. Just felt really uncomfortable to me, didn't like it. Then again, I've never been a fan of the pocket .380's.
I have a Ruger LCP that I bought for my pocket carry. I love it. If my life is ever in danger, I fully plan on taking it out, aiming, and throwing it at my assailant.

Hell no, I'm not going to fire it. That just hurts too much.

ToughPenguin.jpg

I think that's why they developed the LCx later on. A more practical version....wouldn't mind owning one in .38, either.
Smaller, lighter package than an SP101.

I haven't kept up with Ruger for many years now, never heard of it... (until now) The LCx looks pretty neat but I don't like the exposed hammer. I do own an 2" SP101 and love it but it's pretty heavy for what it is.

This stupid thing. Bought to keep as a collectible as they only made a few and then the company went under.
1605641173416.jpeg I should have never shot it as it put a bad taste in my mouth.

If it fired, it would eject hot gases and crude straight into your hand.

If it fired and ejected (it had no ejector or extractor it used the firing pin to hit the cartridge which is flying reward by blowback only held onto nothing) your chances of it forcing the spent hot brass straight into your flesh was about 50%.

That's if you didn't shoot yourself trying to charge the weapon.

This stupid thing. Bought to keep as a collectible as they only made a few and then the company went under.
View attachment 778438I should have never shot it as it put a bad taste in my mouth.

If it fired, it would eject hot gases and crude straight into your hand.

If it fired and ejected (it had no ejector or extractor it used the firing pin to hit the cartridge which is flying reward by blowback only held onto nothing) your chances of it forcing the spent hot brass straight into your flesh was about 50%.

That's if you didn't shoot yourself trying to charge the weapon.

wait, people actually bought those?!?!? I've never actually seen one in the wild, but it's reputation proceeds itself

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top