JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There have been claims made that the P7 is the finest CC handgun ever made. There is merit to that argument, but the competition has not stood idle over the ensuing years....i.e. the S&W Shield.

However, as a range gun, the P7 was a horrible option. The gas operating rod located directly above the trigger made them unbearable to shoot after a few magazines. The addition of the heat shield helped, but still did not alleviate the problem entirely.

Still, the design was unique and it certainly has a cult following.

-E-
I have to ring in on the P7...After over a hundred Defense pistols, and years of really wanting one, I finally found a nice one. The trigger is just superlative, crisp and very light. It's thin and easy to conceal, shoots like a race gun and the unique, but complicated mechanism results in a low felt recoil despite having a decent length barrel. The low barrel and decent weight makes recoil particularly mild with little flip. It is a very, inherently safe mechanism and feeds reliably as any service auto (perfect in a thousand rounds) I won;t go so far as to say "Best Ever" but most certainly one of my top five. I don't carry it much anymore mainly because I feel funny carrying a gun that cost more than the car I'm driving. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Incidentally, It's the only HK I've ever really liked much.

1014200904[1].jpg

COP 357. Trigger from hell, and then 357 Magnum round letting loose from a small chunk of metal in your hand. I think I owned it for a few months at the most.

Just saw this and had a laugh. I do remember whatever I paid for the COP when I bought it wasn't much (I was still a college student). I'm sure it has some collector value but I can't imagine being worth more than $400 or so.

Just saw this and had a laugh. I do remember whatever I paid for the COP when I bought it wasn't much (I was still a college student). I'm sure it has some collector value but I can't imagine being worth more than $400 or so.

Well someone can, LOL.

I have something rarer than that: A Forrest King SxS 12 gauge shotgun. Nobody knows anything about it. I'm aware of two other people trying to find information on them, but they don't seem to have fared any better.

Walther pk380. I don't think it finished a mag without jamming once. Didn't matter the mag or the ammo. Sold it to the first offer and didn't care what the number was. I don't go to the range to get frustrated. I realize this is an entirely different reason than most have stated for an unpleasant experience but the core statement holds

I had a PPK in .32 ACP that did the same thing.

I had a Kel Tec P11 that would fail to feed the first 3 rounds out of a 12 round mag. The only way to get it to function would be to load the magazine with only 9 rounds. And I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it, even off of a rest. It had what felt like a 20 pound trigger pull and snappy recoil. It was a great day when I finally got rid of it.

Well someone can, LOL.

I have something rarer than that: A Forrest King SxS 12 gauge shotgun. Nobody knows anything about it. I'm aware of two other people trying to find information on them, but they don't seem to have fared any better.
Not Foerster (gunmaker for the king)? Maybe a different gunmaker "borrowed" the name to try to show prestige?

Toss-up between the Remington 721 in 30-06 I have now and the Beretta Jetfire I had in .25acp.

The 30-06 is bolt action with a classic Weaver K4 4x scope that I find rather pointless - I would prefer iron sights over a 4x scope, but someone ripped the rear site off with pliers and left the mount in place. The real reason though is just that the recoil is so obnoxious. I would rather shoot 12ga slugs out of my cheap Stevens/Savage 320 all day than go through an entire box of 30-06 rounds.

The beretta jetfire... well, the grip is only about 3" long below the slide, and I have XL hands. I could never fit more than 3 fingers on it, and it almost always gave me hammer bruises and occasionally slide bite. More to the point, I couldn't even keep it on paper at 15 yards. It sure was loud though - louder than said 12ga!

Toss-up between the Remington 721 in 30-06 I have now and the Beretta Jetfire I had in .25acp.

The 30-06 is bolt action with a classic Weaver K4 4x scope that I find rather pointless - I would prefer iron sights over a 4x scope, but someone ripped the rear site off with pliers and left the mount in place. The real reason though is just that the recoil is so obnoxious. I would rather shoot 12ga slugs out of my cheap Stevens/Savage 320 all day than go through an entire box of 30-06 rounds.

The beretta jetfire... well, the grip is only about 3" long below the slide, and I have XL hands. I could never fit more than 3 fingers on it, and it almost always gave me hammer bruises and occasionally slide bite. More to the point, I couldn't even keep it on paper at 15 yards. It sure was loud though - louder than said 12ga!
That jetfire must be the cousin to the bobcat they look similar and probably function the same? So glad u listed hammer bruises and slide bite. The beretta bobcat had those too. I forgot to put it on the list of "reasons to hate this gun" above. Just so many nasty things with those guns it's hard to remember them all...

jetfire on top, bobcat (excuse me while I spit on ground) on bottom. ED58A26F-F531-443F-8EBE-332ACB1A2E58.jpeg 41EB0D44-9397-4A76-A948-AC94E1168FC7.jpeg

Last Edited:
It was some variety of Remington (I think) semi-auto hunting rifle in .30-06, owned by a friend of mine. It had no rear sight, the trigger pull was really unpleasantly sticky and heavy, the recoil was evil and it had a FtF roughly every third round. I managed to get two shots out of the thing, somehow managed to hit a dinner plate sized steel target 100+ yards downrange (which given the lack of proper sights and my lack of experience, I put down to a total fluke) and I was like, "Nope, let's shoot something else!"

That jetfire must be the cousin to the bobcat they look similar and probably function the same? So glad u listed hammer bruises and slide bite. The beretta bobcat had those too. I forgot to put it on the list of "reasons to hate this gun" above. Just so many nasty things with those guns it's hard to remember them all...

jetfire on top, bobcat (excuse me while I spit on ground) on bottom.View attachment 764165View attachment 764166

Cousin, or maybe grandpa? My dad bought that jetfire in the 70s or maybe 60s. It had a little sentimental value, but none of my siblings wanted it, and seeing as I couldn't hit anything with it (besides my own hand), I sold it and spent the money on the 30-06 remington 721, ironically. I bought a yugoslavian m57a in 7.62x25 tokarev to carry with me in the woods. I figure if I am going to own a handgun, it should be more of an asset than a liability, hah.

I think there was the Jetfire, the Bobcat, and also a Tomcat. The Tomcat was apparently double or single action. The jetfires were SA only.

Funny enough, when I picked up the yugo m57, there was a guy in the gun shop who had a whole set of these old pocket guns. I mean he had bought like 6 and had another dozen at home. He liked to collect them.

1. Winchester (pre-64') .375 H&H. Standing shot was serious. Prone ruined my life.(1)
2. Old 12 gauge double barrel. Manufacturer unknown. It doubled on me, both barrels. Bruised my face seriously.
3. My Freedom Arms .454 Casull after the ninth round I am finished. But I keep going back.

(1) we were shooting prairie dogs!

jetfire on top, bobcat (excuse me while I spit on ground) on bottom.View attachment 764165View attachment 764166

I've shot the Bobcat quite a bit with no problems. I don't have XL hands, but large enough to where such guns only allow two fingers or so on the grips (not including trigger finger). Because it is a .22 rimfire recoil isn't a problem for me. Of course, the sights are minimal so that makes it a close range backup/last resort sort of handgun.

The Jetfire is the .25 they took away from 007, in the movie Dr.No (the infamous "hits like a brick through a plate glass window" scene).
The Bobcat is the .22 RF version.
The Tomcat is a larger .32 ACP gun based on the Jetfire design.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top