JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@AndyinEverson Got three off once but pulled a hammy.

:hide

I got 30 rounds off in a few minutes once...but it took all of my guns....:eek::p:D
Andy
DSC05463.jpg

What is the most rounds per minute you've shot from a standard AR platform with 30rd mags? Is it anywhere near 800? Outside of costing nearly $250 just to try it and I question which lower end ARs would stand up to it, I still hear "high/over educated" voters saying they are capable. Protesters being interviewed.

I get rate of fire but I still hear the bullets make them full auto. High cap magazines make them full auto. It never stops and people that don't want to learn, never will.

I've honestly only done a few mag dumps with my rifles and done maybe 2 mag dumps full auto in the Air Force.
Not an AR, but I once emptied the 9 round clip of my dad's .22 Ruger pistol in 3 seconds.
A friend timed it.
So...
9 rounds / 3 seconds = 3 rounds/second
There are 60 seconds in one minute.
3 rounds/second * 60 seconds = 180 rounds/minute.

So, 180 rpm is the most I've ever shot.

This reminds me of something I read about the old Vickers machine gun. I did a search and found the story: Forgotten Weapons: The Vickers Gun Is One of the Best Firearms Ever Made

"In 1963 in Yorkshire, a class of British Army armorers put one Vickers gun through probably the most strenuous test ever given to an individual gun. The base had a stockpile of approximately 5 million rounds of Mk VII ammunition which was no longer approved for military use. They took a newly rebuilt Vickers gun, and proceeded to fire the entire stock of ammo through it over the course of seven days. They worked in pairs, switching off at 30 minute intervals, with a third man shoveling away spent brass. The gun was fired in 250-round solid bursts, and the worn out barrels were changed every hour and a half. At the end of the five million rounds, the gun was taken back into the shop for inspection. It was found to be within service spec in every dimension."

No clue to the RPM but while jack rabbit hunting nearly four decades ago in the California desert a friend of a friend pulled out a colt 1911 with full auto. :) Burned to memory because of each time I shot it, when the magazine was empty, it was pointing straight up! try as I would I could not keep it from climbing. Being in the service we didn't have a lot of money for ammo so I only got to shoot a couple times.:(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top