JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All,

Not sure where to post this, so if I am in the wrong place feel free to let me know, plz?

My question today is about CC'ing with a lot of exposure.

I am a musician. A couple of weeks ago, I played a couple of hours at an open mic outside a local bar. Maybe 50 people tops at any one time.

Yesterday, my band (not the same as the open mic - I was a guest of the host for that) played an outdoor show. The last time I played there, attendance was +/- 900. Yesterday would have been closer to 500-600.

Did not really plan on playing strapped, but I did not have a secure place (not using a car at a day long festival) to store it, so I wore it.

I doubt I am the first person to do anything, but I am curious if anyone can relate or share their thoughts.

And, Happy Father's Day to all to whom that applies.

I carry everywhere except court rooms (of which I rarely get to see :rolleyes:) and post offices (kind of a Federal thing). Rule #1) Concealed is concealed.

I agree, and I DO visit the courthouse multiple times a day, but my office is on the same block and I have an office and a good desk, so I can disarm before I cross the alley.

Mostly, I was just surprised that I had no issues. I will PM you vid of the show if you are interested (this is NOT a humble brag thread).

We are a VERY active band and all the guitars are wireless. I made several trips into the crowd, so that is some serious exposure.

I think I kind of understand your question, but kind of not. I always carry to the movie theater, to church (couple thousand folks there), to the grocery store. I carried to a Seahawks game when they were only patting people down the sides (and I carried in a belly band around my chest). I carried into a concert at the Rose Garden when they were randomly wanding folks and I got lucky. I regularly carry to those back-to-school nights and other school events.

Each of these have hundreds to thousands to tens of thousands of folks. To think of those things differently is something that only occurs to newbies.

I do change my gun and carry location based on the event and the crowd, though. I don't really feel like being made, but I never have been and I really don't think that actually happens very often.

Last Edited:
I think I kind of understand your question, but kind of not. I always carry to the movie theater, to church (couple thousand folks there), to the grocery store. I carried to a Seahawks game when they were only patting people down the sides (and I carried in a belly band around my chest). I carried into a concert at the Rose Garden when they were randomly wanding folks and I got lucky. I regularly carry to those back-to-school nights and other school events.

Each of these have hundreds to thousands to tens of thousands of folks. To think of those things differently is something that only occurs to newbies.

I do change my gun and carry location based on the event and the crowd, though. I don't really feel like being made, but I never have been and I really don't think that actually happens very often.

My OP was not clear. I was in the band.

Doesn't matter. Carrying a concealed firearm was implemented for carrying in public.

In the band or the moshpit makes no difference.

Most public place I've had sex? Now we're getting somewhere.

I must come off like a weenie. I am not.

I have no problem carrying in public. I can't leave the house unarmed. Just feels wrong.

I am talking about staying discrete when you are doing this:

Jan Cameron << just the name of the photographer of the embedded pic- still working on my Kung Fu on this site, sorry

I have no problem carrying in public. I can't leave the house unarmed. Just feels wrong.

Jan Cameron

Since nobody noticed, I'd say you're good. I carry everywhere and never put much thought into it.

Jan Cameron << just the name of the photographer of the embedded pic- still working on my Kung Fu on this site, sorry

Back when I was going to be in a place that was crowded, I did carry in such a way as to prepare for that. Now days no longer do that. Now of course if you are going dancing you do not want to end up like that FBI agent who shot some other patron. All about proper method and proper holster. Some times I have had to rely on a gun that was not much of a gun. My way of thinking was anything is better than getting caught with nothing.

I wouldn't go crowd-surfing or allow all the groupies to de-pants me.

Outside of that the crowd is probably inebriated, not to mention short on awareness.

I wouldn't go crowd-surfing or allow all the groupies to de-pants me.

Outside of that the crowd is probably inebriated, not to mention short on awareness.

Yesterday was an outdoor show. But I played with the same band in a small club this spring. Playing bars is always a good way to get your teeth bashed by a mic or have beer poured on your gear, but it IS inherently more interactive than a raised stage and security.

My OTHER thought was I was so involved with the gig, my situational awareness was very compromised. Not sure how I feel about that.

That is why I did not just store it in my gear on stage - It would be out of view, but I would also be responsible for an unattended gun.

Wands and detectors. Except for the jails and the courthouse, these are not part of my life - But getting past security or going with different carry positions - that is what I was really wanting to get into.

And I also got perspective RE: where do you carry?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top