JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the newer CCer's are always easier to spot, always adjusting and looking around to see if anyone saw them. That went away fairly quickly for me,but I remember being nervous as all get out the first few weeks I carried.

On a side note, never had any McMuffin in my beard...so there's that.

Some of our banks here in Texas allow concealed carry and some don't.

Guess which one I do business with?

But, the most public carry is when I open carry as it's legal to do so here.

I don't do this often, but OC when filling up my pickup as it keeps beggars and petty con artists at bay...

Thank you all for the feedback.

I should have worded my title a little better, but I am quite happy with the answers and information.

Basically, I am in my mid 50's and I am learning a new skill set, and the way I see it, this is a safe place to ask noob questions.

I am too old to pretend like I know what I am doing!

CRBM,

Have you obtained your CHL or now in my state is referred to as an LTC (License to Carry) since OC passed into law.

If not, (the class I assume much like the ones in my state) will cover where you can and cannot carry.

Also, the few business that disallow carry have to put up signage at the entrance to inform customers of such - thus retail businesses don't have to be guessed at as to whether CC or OC is allowed.

Federal property like Post Offices aren't mandated to adhere to such signage, so that something you'll simply have to remember after learning it.

CRBM,

Have you obtained your CHL or now in my state is referred to as an LTC (License to Carry) since OC passed into law. Yes

If not, (the class I assume much like the ones in my state) will cover where you can and cannot carry. It did

Also, the few business that disallow carry have to put up signage at the entrance to inform customers of such - thus retail businesses don't have to be guessed at as to whether CC or OC is allowed. This is true - Not too much signage east of the Cascades

Federal property like Post Offices aren't mandated to adhere to such signage, so that something you'll simply have to remember after learning it. Check!

I carry from the time I wake up to the time I go back to bed. The only thing that changes for me is the size of the pistol. Depending on the circumstances I carry either a full size or a small single stack with a back up in the truck.

Im not certain if I missed if the OP is from Texas or local here to the Northwest. I always get a kick out of how anti-gun Texas actually is for such a conservative state. Here in solid blue Oregon, we can carry virtually anywhere except federal buildings, signs dont carry any legal weight at any buisness. Concealed means concealed and your good.

"I always get a kick out of how anti-gun Texas actually is for such a conservative state."

Do you live in Texas or is it Oregon?

Yes, a few, a very small minority of businesses disallow carry, but not many.

Overall, Texas is VERY gun friendly.

I'm puzzled as to why you think it's not?

So, whatcha got to back up your hypothesis?

"I always get a kick out of how anti-gun Texas actually is for such a conservative state."

Do you live in Texas or is it Oregon?

Yes, a few, a very small minority of businesses disallow carry, but not many.

Overall, Texas is VERY gun friendly.

I'm puzzled as to why you think it's not?

So, whatcha got to back up your hypothesis?

Our CC laws vs. Texas CC laws.

Outside of federal property, sherriffs office we can CC or open carry anywhere anytime and can ignore any signs.

And im regarding the laws, mot the people... I know most Texans are pro gun but not certain how well they thought out their common sense carry laws.

Yes, even in Portland.... You have to have your CHL on you to OC in Portland, but its legal. Not saying you wont get harassed for it, but they cant arrest you for it.
Understood, plenty of things that are legal, but common sense may dictate another course of action.

Plus, if the big city police decide OC is too brazen for their 'only the police should carry' taste, they can find something to fix your wagon...

This is a concern for OCers in Texas big cities like Dallas, Houston too, as some LEO's reflect that same 'no guns for citizens' attitude.

Out in the country, local L.E. and State Highway Patrol guys are pro-citizens gun owning.

My wife was stopped some years back for a traffic infraction and the cop was female. My wife upon showing her D.L. and CHL was quizzed about her gun. My wife doesn't always carry much as I want her to.

The cop chastised her for not having her gun with her.

Cool cop...

33632723-39A9-4A62-AFBA-03041ECB7163.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews