JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am gonna take a hard pass on AIWB for gigs. I have much more in common with Flea than John Enwistle as far as stage presence goes.
I'm not sure if you were responding to me, but I wasn't suggesting AIWB. Front pocket carry is nothing at all like AIWB. But one would need to buy another gun to really fit in the pocket, especially tighter jeans. An LCP2 is really affordable.

But I don't think carry gun and location was really about your original question. However, I deal with the challenges of public carry by having a passel of guns of varying sizes and a bunch of holster options for all the different carry locations.

I was the DD for my sons bachelor party this last Saturday night. We went into Bend for a nice dinner then hit the bars. There were 10 of us in the group and probably 5 were carrying.

One of my other boys and I ditched the party for a bit and were walking around at the Bite of Bend. I had a S&W 40 on my right side and 2 spare mags on the left. He had a Sig 45 in the small of his back. We were working our way through this crowd to get to the front where a pretty damn good Eagles tribute/cover band was playing. I was staying sideways and trying not to bump into people.

If only those twat knot hair bun plaid wearing hipsters knew. Never had a problem at all and was in 5 different bars with some pretty mouthy guys by the end of the night. They had a great time, I enjoyed hanging out with a bunch of 30 somethings and getting their drunk azzes home at 2 am. Kicked my azz pretty good, I have not been up at 2 am in years.

They all were in pretty bad shape the next morning when I started waving my coffee and Irish cream at them.

Lol, I too like taking my kids out for a night on the town being the designated driver (taxi driver cuz I hate bars & the jackholes that frequent them plus I hold all the FA's) just so I know they won't screw their lives up being stupid and driving drunk.:D

Last Edited:
The most public that I have carried was in a Winco & Safeway in Mesa, AZ. I had my S&W Model 57 revolver with no cover at all. I should mention that AZ is a open carry state, with a few exceptions. Nobody pointed, screamed or wet their pants. It was a good feeling.

My hunch is the real question the OP is asking is where have you CCd where there was the most consequence of getting caught...
Im guessing if the OP is performing on stage, thats probably gonna hurt his bands reputation if say his shirt hikes up over his pistol.... The venue owner might not invite back and who knows what the crowd would react.
This would be akin to CCing inside a public school when you pick up your kids, or on the job, or maybe even a private social event.

As far as mitigating that, there will always be times and places where its impractical or impossible. An experienced CCr has to have the forsight to look ahead and be prepared with alternatives or safe storage options or a mouse gun.... at all times.

It sucks giving an impromtu ride to a coworker who suddenly asks if you can swing him by the post office.... Or hanging out with friends and the group decides to party at the one bar that wands everyone and you riding in their car....

@Koda, I agree that my lack of planning was the issue.

I need to do a deep dive on mouse guns.

What I got away with last weekend would never fly in a room that holds 200.

So much to learn............................................................

@Koda, I agree that my lack of planning was the issue.

I need to do a deep dive on mouse guns.

What I got away with last weekend would never fly in a room that holds 200.

So much to learn............................................................

Well Im not saying you had a lack of planning, you did what everyone else has done and identified a situation thats not practical for you and are already working on an alternative...

A mouse gun will give you more options but dont forget to train with it as much as your full size cause youll probably end up carrying the mouse gun most...

I carry everywhere unless I have to pass through a metal detector. Which I did for jury duty earlier this year. I still haven't figured out how to go swimming with one concealed!
lol last year when i was in hawaii visiting family/brothers wedding i was so uncomfortable not having a gun that my cousin offered to let me carry his 1911....i couldnt legally though(neither could he because theyre jerks about CC there) so i had a nice folder with me. including in the ocean.

i remember being searched going to a concert at the fair one year. it was funny. the unarmed security guard told me i couldnt go in when i said i had a pistol. i said nice try buddy. im licensed and im in a public place (kiss my behind basically) and walked past'm.

What does it matter how many people are around? No one knows anything but you. 100's and 100's of people in the airport, no one knows anything while I wait to pickup my kids. Renewing my license at the local PD, same as anywhere else. Wherever I am, no one or 1000's, makes no difference. I'm the same person carrying or not carrying.

You are right, @SmitKoWitz, except for when you are the center if attention. When I am on the worship team at church I carry a much smaller gun than I usually do at church because everyone is facing me. When I am conducting a choir or band I carry my smallest gun because everyone is watching me (and the kids) the whole time.

There are situations that are more "public" than others. @CRBMoA is the proof of that, rockin' his bass ax in front of an audience.

And yes, @CRBMoA, having at least one mouse gun in 380 is a must. I chose a Kahr because they are the absolute smallest, and I carry it in a kydex pocket holster for the smallest footprint. I think an LCP2 would be great. Every 9mm is too big for a true pocket gun, even the thin PM9, and especially not the Glock 43.

except for when you are the center if attention

exactly, this is what I was getting at earlier about CCing in places that have the most consequences of getting caught. There is a lot of misleading advice I see often on gun forums like don't worry about printing, nobody's paying attention... there are truths in everything but not every truth is completely in context. If your printing at the grocery store probably no big deal. If your printing picking your kids up at school... that's probably going to be a big deal.

Every 9mm is too big for a true pocket gun
except for a Sig 938...

You are right, @SmitKoWitz, except for when you are the center if attention. When I am on the worship team at church I carry a much smaller gun than I usually do at church because everyone is facing me. When I am conducting a choir or band I carry my smallest gun because everyone is watching me (and the kids) the whole time.
@CRBMoA

Yes I agree, carry the piece that fits the dress and possible need; that's why I rarely carry my S&W460V, though it does go camping in back country at times. It's a little difficult to conceal, especially without a jacket./coat. Otherwise,it's generally something in 9, 380, or 40.

I carry everywhere unless I have to pass through a metal detector. Which I did for jury duty earlier this year. I still haven't figured out how to go swimming with one concealed!

You get a good secure belly band and go swimming.

Then, you clean your weapon, put your old ammo into the 'training ammo' box and put fresh self defense ammo in your magazines.

Sorry to be blunt, but nobody is watching you.

If your worried what others are thinking about you, or noticing you, just remember that everyone else is worried about what your thinking and noticing about them...
Makes me think of worrying about that bit of unruly hair on my head...no one is noticing any more that I notice the same on someone else. A bit of egg mcmuffin in that dude's beard...yeah I notice that for sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top