JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry to be blunt, but nobody is watching you.

If your worried what others are thinking about you, or noticing you, just remember that everyone else is worried about what your thinking and noticing about them...

Sorry to be blunt, but nobody is watching you.

If your worried what others are thinking about you, or noticing you, just remember that everyone else is worried about what your thinking and noticing about them...

No need to apologize. The perspective of much more experienced gun owners is exactly why I am here.

I am aware that no one notices, and that the more self conscious I feel, the more nothing changes and no one is looking at my 53 yr old butt!

I figured I would get "I don't carry in situations like that", or "This is how I carry in situations like that", and I should have anticipated "I carry where I carry, /Thread".

Lastly, at least in my mind, this is the place to ask newbie questions.

My city is small. The only people I know that EDC obviously talk too much. I don't want to be that guy in my city.

Thanks for all your contributions.

As many have stated, concealed is concealed. To me, it's as normal as packing my wallet. I don't even think about it anymore.

I like this. I believe if I did not have to actively recall whether or not I am carrying at least twice a day due to my activities at the courthouse, I would forgotten I was carrying all the time about the same time I quit checking my holster every 15 seconds! HAHA!

I like mowing w/protection. Feels like whizzing off the porch!

A44FA857-0980-4D8D-AA17-F83CAF82D582.jpeg

Every day.

P

Rough estimates:

90 percent of the population will have no clue you are carrying unless you tell them or they specially see the pistol not covered by a garment. People don't look for it or generally think about it if they don't do it themselves.

10 percent of the population will either:
A) notice you are carrying and won't care, they probably carry too.
B) notice you are carrying and possibly care if they are a LEO who thinks only LEO should carry.
C) notice you are carrying because they operate outside of the law and typically are more aware of that than the general public.

I'd say the first rule about fight club is also not talking about fight club.

My city is small. The only people I know that EDC obviously talk too much. I don't want to be that guy in my city.
I never answer the question "Are you carrying now?". Even to family or good friends. Let them all wonder. Should never be a subject of conversation, unless you are with fellow gunners.

I carry concealed pretty much anywhere I won't go through a metal detector. As the debate surrounding CC evolves, I've learned to research facility security ahead of time when I go somewhere new.

I'd hate to drive 3 hours to Seattle (for instance) or even an hour to Portland, only to get turned away at the entrance and then have to decide where to stash a pistol and ammo - or go home. All of my vehicles have glass windows, and I don't have (as many claim to here) a hidden lock box welded to the frame.

That photo of guitarists...was that you?...makes it clear that right front pocket carry would be perfect! Especially a Kahr P380 or Ruger LCP2 in an Alabama Holsters pocket rig would be about as thin as you can get so it wouldn't affect your playing angle any more than a wallet would. And nobody would ever be looking behind your guitar body.

Always, I don't even think of it once it's secure in the holster! I never think about it when out and about and don't really care what people might be thinking of concealed carry! Don't ask, don't tell!

I am the bassist, and I had a S&W SD9VE IWB at 4 O'clock.

If you saw some of the video, you would understand why I am gonna take a hard pass on AIWB for gigs. I have much more in common with Flea than John Enwistle as far as stage presence goes.

I was the DD for my sons bachelor party this last Saturday night. We went into Bend for a nice dinner then hit the bars. There were 10 of us in the group and probably 5 were carrying.

One of my other boys and I ditched the party for a bit and were walking around at the Bite of Bend. I had a S&W 40 on my right side and 2 spare mags on the left. He had a Sig 45 in the small of his back. We were working our way through this crowd to get to the front where a pretty damn good Eagles tribute/cover band was playing. I was staying sideways and trying not to bump into people.

If only those twat knot hair bun plaid wearing hipsters knew. Never had a problem at all and was in 5 different bars with some pretty mouthy guys by the end of the night. They had a great time, I enjoyed hanging out with a bunch of 30 somethings and getting their drunk azzes home at 2 am. Kicked my azz pretty good, I have not been up at 2 am in years.

They all were in pretty bad shape the next morning when I started waving my coffee and Irish cream at them.

I carried in 38 states in 1978, while chasing love on my motorcycle. Was a little nervous in Massachusetts, New York and D.C., but somehow slipped through their gun dragnet. Had I been caught in most states, I would have been jailed. Had I been caught in Texas, I would have received the tourist of the month award...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top