JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In all reality that is still the government doing that not the employee's they are just taking advantage of it. Hate the player not the game!
The overall problem is that we have public employees writing and making decisions on contracts and pension decisions that can/could/might ultimately help them too (i.e.PERS). It would be better if people who have no skin in the game would be the moderators of the process. But people should realize that that may mean the union will strike when they don't get what they want.
For example, teachers who don't like making $50K a year can do what everyone else does in that case...get more education, get a second job or do something else. (Not to pick on them but they are one of the largest unions)

The overall problem is that we have public employees writing and making decisions on contracts and pension decisions that can/could/might ultimately help them too (i.e.PERS). It would be better if people who have no skin in the game would be the moderators of the process. But people should realize that that may mean the union will strike when they don't get what they want.
For example, teachers who don't like making $50K a year can do what everyone else does in that case...get more education, get a second job or do something else. (Not to pick on them but they are one of the largest unions)

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. What I am saying is that someone called out government employees as the problem and you can not group all of them together into one big group. I have friends that have government jobs that don't make squat! have a bubblegumty retirement and get little to no respect from the general public.

So in short I don't think any of us should make a big generalized statement looking at all employee's of the government because they are not all equal. If anyone really wants to break it down do I think some federal employees I.E. polaticians are over paid HE!! YES but our beloved military is also government employee's and they don't earn squat and do the most work.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. What I am saying is that someone called out government employees as the problem and you can not group all of them together into one big group. I have friends that have government jobs that don't make squat! have a bubblegumty retirement and get little to no respect from the general public.

So in short I don't think any of us should make a big generalized statement looking at all employee's of the government because they are not all equal. If anyone really wants to break it down do I think some federal employees I.E. polaticians are over paid HE!! YES but our beloved military is also government employee's and they don't earn squat and do the most work.
I agree with you. I even graduated from a libertarian college many years ago and have always thought the best jobs are government jobs. Don't blame anyone for taking them. They are steady paying jobs, have great benefits and can be that 30 years job, without the gold watch. I don't blame the workers themselves just don't care much for people with bad attitudes who admittedly are in every business.
The bureaucracy is omnipotent and seemingly unstoppable. To try and stop it means that some people will lose their jobs and others will have to pick up the slack. Reagan had it right with the air controllers. That had to frighten all gov't employees. All empty job slots should be cancelled. Take the monies back from the budgets slated for those jobs and return it to the Treasury. Begin to shrink the size of the monolith it has become. Painful, yes. Remember..everyone is a conservative until it is their ox on the line!!

- The Democratic Party fabricating a conspiracy, scandal, fight out of everything.
- Kim Jong Un detonating a crude EMP anywhere over Japan, Hawaii or CONUS.
- Self-entitled tantrum marchers in skinny jeans and douche knots.
- Delusional anti-gun idealists/activists.
- America's addiction to idolizing liberal celebrities with no f_ing idea.
- Al Sharpton, and all career race-baiters.
- Porous borders.
- Multnomah County voters, Salem and Gov. Brown.

If all of these actively corrosive entities simply disintegrated (or died slowly, screaming, alone, in the dark), this would be a far better land in which to live.

Last Edited:
- The Democratic Party fabricating a conspiracy, scandal, fight out of everything.
- Porous borders.

If all of these actively corrosive entities simply disintegrated (or died slowly, screaming, alone, in the dark), this would be a far better land in which to live.

There is the attitude I LIKE!!! I would like to meet you some day, as long as you are not FBI or some such...

Ok, My post was removed, Hey Teflon, exactly WHAT KIND OF FED ARE YOU????

Glad I have a sense about FEDS most times. LAVOY FINICUM's MURDER By an regular FBI MURDERER stays with me.

Last Edited:
Well, democRAT there is no such thing as you describe, No right leaning democRATS, you did get the Buttheads around My President TRUMP right as Ryan, MCConDickel, DO NOT Insult My President as the Dickhead OButtRama the Was the most Ridiculous POS ever Installed as president.

By the way, Hood river must have a Pocket of Transplant CaliPhuckians?? ARE YOU ONE???? Dot Gov. employee?? If you are I Hate you automatically.
So you just jumped all over a guy with 3 posts on this site. Do you think he's gonna hang around? I don't. Treating newcomers like that is not what we need here. How about you tone down the name calling and the vitriol?

There is the attitude I LIKE!!! I would like to meet you some day, as long as you are not FBI or some such...

Haven't arrested anyone (or even had a badge) since 1993. Last thing I shot in my current Federal desk-jockey gig was a stapler! No FBI here.

Which gives me an idea... After I retire (at noon on 7 July, but who's counting), that's exactly what I'll make a trip to the woods to do. I'll commemorate the moment in my own twisted way, and machine gun a stapler.

Seriously guys, I apologize for my language a few posts back (since edited and cleaned up a little). It just makes me sick working downtown, witnessing these weekly tantrum marches, following the news and seeing the greatness of this State and Country under relentless, systematic attack by career politicians who make their livings crapping on our constitution and our rights. Sorry about one of the naughty names I chose in my rant.

The bureaucracy is omnipotent and seemingly unstoppable. To try and stop it means that some people will lose their jobs and others will have to pick up the slack. Reagan had it right with the air controllers. That had to frighten all gov't employees. All empty job slots should be cancelled. Take the monies back from the budgets slated for those jobs and return it to the Treasury. Begin to shrink the size of the monolith it has become. Painful, yes. Remember..everyone is a conservative until it is their ox on the line!!
This has dissolved into a partisan thing when the real issue is the growing size of the bureaucracy of our government. It drives the agenda, it drives the budget (& the deficit), and it drives the politicians to believe that they must create new laws and programs to 'help' the people who might vote for them. They do not do things because it is a right thing to do. They foster people to be reliant upon the government, not themselves. POTG believe in self-reliance, most of the country does not. THAT is what we must fight against and explain to those who do not understand.

When money is no longer important most will be lost.

Haven't arrested anyone (or even had a badge) since 1993. Last thing I shot in my current Federal desk-jockey gig was a stapler! No FBI here.

Which gives me an idea... After I retire (at noon on 7 July, but who's counting), that's exactly what I'll make a trip to the woods to do. I'll commemorate the moment in my own twisted way, and machine gun a stapler.

Seriously guys, I apologize for my language a few posts back (since edited and cleaned up a little). It just makes me sick working downtown, witnessing these weekly tantrum marches, following the news and seeing the greatness of this State and Country under relentless, systematic attack by career politicians who make their livings crapping on our constitution and our rights. Sorry about one of the naughty names I chose in my rant.
Congratulations on your retirement.

Apology accepted, rant understood.

- Porous borders.

Hey don't forget the Rev. Jesse Jackson and that hotbed of liberalism, Eugene, OR...

Just sayin'

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads