JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In all reality mine would be the same as @No_Regerts I spend my entire day on the road and if I'm going to get killed/seriously injured it's probably going to be a vehicle accident. I also work in Portland so I am super aware of my surroundings due to all the "$hit that swirls around that toilet bowl." Situational awareness, medical, and my Glock go everywhere I go.
For me, other than defensive driving and situational awareness, it really enforces vehicle maintenance. Especially tires. Also, knowing the capabilities and performance envelope of the vehicle is important.

For me, other than defensive driving and situational awareness, it really enforces vehicle maintenance. Especially tires. Also, knowing the capabilities and performance envelope of the vehicle is important.
Yup. I'm 100% with you on that. Portland is the last place I want to be stranded.

Yup. I'm 100% with you on that. Portland is the last place I want to be stranded.
My old partner and I went to a corner store to get some RedBull and chew, and ran into a dude that we knew was wanted. He takes off running and we go after him. It was dark and we got really target-fixated. We ended up losing him in a duplex complex that's owned by a well known outlaw biker gang. They put people in there that are in legal trouble to keep heat away from the club. Next thing we know, people start coming out of the woodwork. We couldn't tell if any were armed, but several had angry dogs. We ended up having to egress with guns drawn. That would have been a stupid way to go/end up in a shooting.

My old partner and I went to a corner store to get some RedBull and chew, and ran into a dude that we knew was wanted. He takes off running and we go after him. It was dark and we got really target-fixated. We ended up losing him in a duplex complex that's owned by a well known outlaw biker gang. They put people in there that are in legal trouble to keep heat away from the club. Next thing we know, people start coming out of the woodwork. We couldn't tell if any were armed, but several had angry dogs. We ended up having to egress with guns drawn. That would have been a stupid way to go/end up in a shooting.
That's some End of Watch $hit going on there. Atleast you remembered where you parked your unit and you weren't patrolling solo. That could have definitely ended poorly.

No BS: A kid I grew up was on his roof, messing with the TV antenna at the request of his dad. He fell off the roof with a screwdriver in his hand. He was found dead, face-down with the screwdriver through his eye and into his brain.

That's some Final Destination crap if I ever saw it.
I helped build LBCC. One of the Iron workers stepped on what he thought was solid and fell two floors onto rebar that went through his chest from side to side. He survived what few would have only to be killed in a motor cycle wreck later. I worked in an industry full of accidental deaths most of my life, saw many good men killed.

That's some End of Watch $hit going on there. Atleast you remembered where you parked your unit and you weren't patrolling solo. That could have definitely ended poorly.
It was pretty creepy. We both couldn't believe we were that stupid. We only went a little more than a quarter of a mile, but it was a long quarter mile out. Some county guys showed up as we got out of the area and both thought we were pretty dumb for going in like that. Pretty embarrassing.

I helped build LBCC. One of the Iron workers stepped on what he thought was solid and fell two floors onto rebar that went through his chest from side to side. He survived what few would have only to be killed in a motor cycle wreck later. I worked in an industry full of accidental deaths most of my life, saw many good men killed.
Reminds me of this old ditty:

It was pretty creepy. We both couldn't believe we were that stupid. We only went a little more than a quarter of a mile, but it was a long quarter mile out. Some county guys showed up as we got out of the area and both thought we were pretty dumb for going in like that. Pretty embarrassing.
Best way to learn though. Pain retains. Whether it's physically or emotional.

A good friend I had many meals with was crushed under a truck on the job, life is full of accidents. Thirty tons crushing your friend is there in your mind forever.

Kyle carried a rifle into a survival situation, some of us have different views of the event but he wanted to survive and recognized the threats he could fight with a gun. I doubt he thought about the threat of the justice system but he managed to arm himself with a good lawyer and a backup.

It's part of this thread to recognize threats, naming them is a start.

Two items. . .

- Long term - Running out of my BP meds. I typically have a 100 day supply on hand and I could ration a bit. . . But if I run out.

- Someone with a scoped rifle at 600 meters who really knows how to shoot - Very hard to defend against. A least for that first or second shot.

- Long term - Running out of my BP meds. I typically have a 100 day supply on hand and I could ration a bit. . . But if I run out.
I have 3-6 months worth of BP/heart meds. If I run out I would not die immediately, but I won't live as long either. By the end of next year I should have a year's worth of meds on hand; Amazon pharmacy refills every 22-23 days, so there is an overlap each time and it adds up to about 5 months worth extra per year.

edited to add that I would NOT die if my meds ran out - one dropped word makes a difference :eek:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads