JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to do a poll but not sure how to build it. The question I will ask requires you to give an opinion of our lives today and what is the number 1 thing you think is the most dangerous risk to your survival? For instance in may be your health or age or maybe covid but if you are wanting to survive what is it most apt to take your life?

If you want to list in an order more things that threatened survival that would add nicely to the thread.

My most dangerous end of life event is something I have no control over and can't survive, age. However there is no telling when the event occurs.

Down the line it's

Accident
Health from life's choices
Being a victim of government power

What brought this on was the thread of one gun for survival. I couldn't figure what threats people considered the most dangerous to survive by their choice. Plus I couldn't understand what they were trying to survive with their gun choice by events. One gun to survive the rest of your life, what is going on that you need that choice to be made?

Have at it.

Death. Every moment we are alive is another moment we are closer to death. You can't stop time. Time is the only thing you will never get back.

Mines trying really hard not to crash my plane, while crashing my plane! :D
When most of the landings are controlled crashes, it kinda makes sense, or not!

So far, so good!

Make sure you pick a firearm that helps you survive the threat. I pick an AR 15 for my threats as it may help me extend life to an older age. Ymmv
Trying to see how this combo would work out. Rusty landing a Super Cub on a sandbar in the middle of a river, all while hanging out the window like Ace Ventura, actually using a pistol brace to one-arm an AR to clear geese out of the way.

I guess it's about the odds of what is most likely to happen. For sure everyone who lives long enough dies of old age but what is most apt to kill you before you get old?

My gun won't do a bit of good against most things that are life ending at my age. It won't stop me from tripping over the dog and shoving a spoon full of ice cream down my throat to kill me.

What threat will a gun most likely be used in my life is probably an armed robbery.

I guess it's about the odds of what is most likely to happen. For sure everyone who lives long enough dies of old age but what is most apt to kill you before you get old?

My gun won't do a bit of good against most things that are life ending at my age. It won't stop me from tripping over the dog and shoving a spoon full of ice cream down my throat to kill me.

What threat will a gun most likely be used in my life is probably an armed robbery.
No BS: A kid I grew up was on his roof, messing with the TV antenna at the request of his dad. He fell off the roof with a screwdriver in his hand. He was found dead, face-down with the screwdriver through his eye and into his brain.

That's some Final Destination crap if I ever saw it.

In all reality mine would be the same as @No_Regerts I spend my entire day on the road and if I'm going to get killed/seriously injured it's probably going to be a vehicle accident. I also work in Portland so I am super aware of my surroundings due to all the "$hit that swirls around that toilet bowl." Situational awareness, medical, and my Glock go everywhere I go.

1.) My stupidity
2.) Living in general
3.) Zombie Raccoons

100000.) Government

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class