JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was no cop.

LOL ya pretty sure he was, saw the whole badge and ID , he was a local here. Wouldn't have bought it other wise due to the marking . But I even went so far to contact OSP to verify it was cool. But seriously I made sure was legit. I think the wife helped by telling me to check it out anyways and I did probably more due diligence then I have on anything so far. Now its one I wont sell.

Weird so many have had somewhat negative interactions. I have done many of these all over Oregon and California and never had any issues. I have set rules and procedures maybe that why.

1. I want and email or text record
2. Want a phone number.
3. Meeting in the day in a public place not my home.
4. I never wait more then 15 minutes.
5. I always bring someone else with me 99% of the time as a witness and my six.
6. I make sure I am chambered .

Agreed. I would ad:
7: Always early, know the area and watch the traffic flow.

And there is this:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...e-concerning-armslist-meet-last-night.187264/
@IheartSig 's cautionary tale...

Last Edited:
Agreed. I would ad:
7: Always early, know the area and watch the traffic flow.

And there is this:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...e-concerning-armslist-meet-last-night.187264/
@IheartSig 's cautionary tale...

Wow sounds like in the post the person was lucky to have good instincts.
Sounds funny all my trades have been with guys in trucks but a rice burner nope not yet and with SB941 will be awhile before I do open private trades with ppl I do not know.
( I mean obeying the law and going to a FFL ;);) )

I was thinking I hadn't really had any, but then I remembered a couple...

First gun I ever sold was a USP45. I wonder where I even advertised it? Craigslist? That was way before I really did anything on the internet, definitely wasn't a NWFA member - I doubt NWFA even existed yet.

Anyway... Someone normal (squared away, intelligent, no accent that I could tell) called me about the gun, said he wanted to come take a look. I lived in a crappy little apartment by myself next to Beaverton High... I invited him over. What showed up was a bit of a shock - three kind of aggressive-looking Russian guys wearing fashion camo came mobbing up into my house wanting to see every gun I had. Totally could have robbed the bubblegum out of me... but I was, of course, armed and you can bet my pistol was loose in the holster. It would have been a blood bath.

Dude did buy the USP from me. Paid cash and shook my hand happily. Nice guys.

Another sorta awkward/funny gun experience was a Winchest 1300 I bought from a pawn shop. It was in perfect/unfired condition, and I think the proprietor was asking $200 for it. I had $130 in my wallet. I asked him how long it'd been there, and he said it'd been there a few weeks and he'd be willing to come down a few bucks. I offered him $130.... he seemed a little pissy by the offer, and countered me with $175. I said I only had $130, and that was the best I could do. Period. He actually got PISSED and started swearing and throwing this mini personal tissy fit... but then he said "FINE. bubblegumin' take it! bubblegumin' tired of it sitting here anyway!" But then we had the issue with the $10 background check...... I only had $130. So again he throws another little fit, but STILL AGREES TO THE PRICE! That's the part I didn't get about it all.... why'd he keep accepting my low-ball bubblegum price if it was really making him MAD? Guess he needed to get the power bill paid or something.

So I walked out with a brand new walnut stocked 1300 for $120.

That place was out of business a year later.

Weird how you remember later on another trade. I did a trade with a guy two years ago, nothing special but a trade would occur with him again later in a funny way. I am careful at times more so depending on how it was setup I might use an alias until I am sure. I am not a fan of Facebook, so if I use that media I use and Alias until I know they are legit, well I guess the guy I met a few years earlier had the same idea. We both show up and realize we know each other and both used Aliases for the same reason.:s0140: We had a good chuckle and did the trade. The internet and trades are hard because anyone can say they are someone or something they are not. FB is a cesspool of lies so I dont want some nut job knowing my name and number, anyways I remembered this as a funny event.

Weird how you remember later on another trade. I did a trade with a guy two years ago, nothing special but a trade would occur with him again later in a funny way. I am careful at times more so depending on how it was setup I might use an alias until I am sure. I am not a fan of Facebook, so if I use that media I use and Alias until I know they are legit, well I guess the guy I met a few years earlier had the same idea. We both show up and realize we know each other and both used Aliases for the same reason.:s0140: We had a good chuckle and did the trade. The internet and trades are hard because anyone can say they are someone or something they are not. FB is a cesspool of lies so I dont want some nut job knowing my name and number, anyways I remembered this as a funny event.
Exactly why I Don't have Facebook...

Exactly why I Don't have Facebook...
I have one that has like 10 family on it and the other I use for off the wall stuff like mentioned.
I actually don't need to know that Jim is having a Bigmac at 2pm with a soda or that your dog can now poop outside. Facebook in theory was not a bad idea, but what they did was take forums commercialize them, and make them look different, FB does nothing that this forum doesn't well other then sell our info to the highest bidder and bigbrother. But other then that its allot like this forum ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews