JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many years ago I had a Glock for sale (old school ad paper listing!) and a guy responded. I told him I would bring it to his house (always was my first offer to see what they were 'like' as people) Anyway he said no but he would like to meet me vehicle to vehicle so I told him the Parking lot of the then Safeway in Redmond at like 10:00 AM on a Saturday morning. So he describes his vehicle (Blue Chevy Van - yea red flag already) and I pull up to see a 70-ish van and the dude looked like he was living in it. So he looks at the glock and said he'll take it WAY too fast - and no counter offer. So I told him ok and lets proceed to a local shop where I'll cover the BGC and transfer (I wasn't going to FTF it based on his appearance) TO which he started giving me the song and dance about how he 'Doesn't believe in FFL transfers, registration etc., to which I said good-by.

Many years ago I had a Glock for sale (old school ad paper listing!) and a guy responded. I told him I would bring it to his house (always was my first offer to see what they were 'like' as people) Anyway he said no but he would like to meet me vehicle to vehicle so I told him the Parking lot of the then Safeway in Redmond at like 10:00 AM on a Saturday morning. So he describes his vehicle (Blue Chevy Van - yea red flag already) and I pull up to see a 70-ish van and the dude looked like he was living in it. So he looks at the glock and said he'll take it WAY too fast - and no counter offer. So I told him ok and lets proceed to a local shop where I'll cover the BGC and transfer (I wasn't going to FTF it based on his appearance) TO which he started giving me the song and dance about how he 'Doesn't believe in FFL transfers, registration etc., to which I said good-by.

Yeah, sounds like you made a smart move not selling it to Buffalo Bill...

I had a yard sale ...once.

This guy comes and fawns over a couple old cell phones that were dirt cheap. He looks at them for a long time and leaves. Middle aged, clean , neat, decent car.

A week later he is back, knocking at my door asking about them.

I think he may have just been OCD, but it was odd.

Gunshop in "downtown" Forest Grove. Was quoted a price of $20 on the phone for some old-school Mossberg fore end slider innards for a combat conversion I was doing. Drove way the hell out there and the price was suddenly $30. "I told you $30 on the phone." Buffalo dust... whatever, just sell me the damn part!

Then I had to stand and listen to countless BS, good ol' boy, been-there-done-that stories, waiting for change from my $40. Tried to be a good sport and nod politely at the tired punch lines both geezers behind the counter had traded 100's of times before. I wasn't in a hurry and figured it would eventually come to a natural conclusion. Wrong.

After awhile I started looking nervously at my watch over and over again, hoping that might convey a subtle clue. No dice. Ended up just blurting out that I had to leave. Okay, bye. Said I wanted my change, and had to wait for the end of the anecdote in progress to grab my money and leave. Probably 20+ minutes for a simple one-part marked up sale to a non-regular.

Last Edited:
Back in the mid 90s at the height of the AWB garbage I called a local shop and asked if they had a few simple AR parts - safety switch with spring/detent iirc. Guy says he has one and gives a price $15 iirc - a bit high but needed it to finish a project for a friend/customer. Get to the shop and ask for the part - he tells me he won't sell AR parts to civilians - only LE. I politely told him he obviously doesn't want my business - even though I had an 07/02 FFL and worked Corrections - his anti 2A attitude was enough for me to shop elsewhere.

As for people here on NWFA I have had nothing but good experiences aside from one guy in chat that kept wanting me and several others to trade him guns/ammo for computer parts since he didn't have a drivers license, photo ID, credit card, or transportation and the local Vancouver shops wouldn't sell to him (his statement).

Did anyone ever wind up doing a transaction with the guy that showed up here on the forum who was offering up a "nice Ovation guitar with extras" in trade for just about anything that would go bang? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one....

Did anyone ever wind up doing a transaction with the guy that showed up here on the forum who was offering up a "nice Ovation guitar with extras" in trade for just about anything that would go bang? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one....

I don't think anyones going to admit to trading possibly a used hi-point for that pos.:confused:

Yeah, I remember that guy... I think he was on outdoorstrader for a while, trying to hawk that guitar too.

I recently sold a SIG in Portland and the buyer was great but the two females running the store were kind of strange. Maybe some missing teeth, really open with some embarrassing personal information. One had a nice tooshie though. Who am I kidding, I'd hit it.

You sound like a man of discerning tastes, much like myself! By the way, in your handle you've spelled 'regrets' wrong on purpose, right?

A few years back I dealt one time with a guy that was on here for a while. Made arrangements to meet him at Wal-Mart at a specific time. We exchanged vehicle info. I was on time. About 10 minutes late a completely different car comes in the parking lot, loops around a little then pulls up near me. The dude got out and walked my way with what I recognized as a plastic bag of ammo. I got out to meet him in front of my truck and questioned him about being in a different car. (didn't mention the three guys with him) He gave me some phony answer... The ammo he had was cheap and I bought it, but if I was glad that I was armed. Since I'd given him the description of my vehicle honestly he would have known it was me as I pulled away. Sure don't need a bunch of gang bangers following me.

Saw him post ads for other stuff I was interested in but I certainly wasn't going to do business with him again.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews