JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just discovered this last night. I rarely get this excited about a firearm.

stare at the awesomeness of it all - Ruger Precision 308

Screenshot_2.png

We have at least one member here that has one - @bolus - though I don't know if he's had it out to the range yet. They are pretty awesome looking rifles. I've got one on my ever-growing 'want' list.

Yea pretty awesome. Didn't realize that the barrel lengths varied.. makes sense though. An unscoped .243 @ 11lbs? wowza
Gotta be at least 13 scoped and loaded. sling?

I can bring mine to the tillamook clean up next weekend with a pile of 308. You are welcome to try it (though it is only 100-120 yards there)
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/tillamook-clean-up-april-2-2016.215714/

View attachment 285138
thank you very much. gun broker is nuts on these right now. It's like the SR1911 and SR762 when they first came out. I'll wait a bit until demand cools. I searched for this and some guy on NWFA was selling one scoped for 1750 - I would have been all over that had I known.

Thanks again for the offer - the reviews and feedback is enough for me. I'm sold.

I have one of the first ones Ruger shipped out a year plus ago in .308. I am very impressed by the overall quality of these! It's a real tack driver, I have let it stretch its legs out a little with some Sierra 168gr hollow point boat tails at 800 yards. If I do my part I was able to hold some nice 4"-5" groups.

I really like that these firearm companies are putting out some nice rifles that are tac ready out of the box.

Tired of buying guns then putting the amount I oaid back into the gun to make it decent. Minus the scope.

The real money on a precision rifle needs to be in the glass, anyway.

Didn't this rifle come out at the end of 2015? This isn't really new. I've heard the 6.5 Creedmoor is unobtanium...
and no one told me about it. my stern letter to ruger is being crafted tonight.

The real money on a precision rifle needs to be in the glass, anyway.

Didn't this rifle come out at the end of 2015? This isn't really new. I've heard the 6.5 Creedmoor is unobtanium...

they are trickling out there. I got mine for $950 not that long ago. But you have to have websight checkers up on the sites that dont gouge. There was only one for sale

CDNN just had the 6.5 creedmore for $400 over retail

Here is a 308 for over retail as well
http://www.birminghampistol.com/?product=ruger-precision-rifle-308-win-18001

Seems redundant and missing wood for a bolt gun.:eek: I personally would vote for cool instead if awesome.:)

Its nice that they made it so many standard ar15 parts are interchangeable. You could put an ar15 wood grip and buttstock on it (I cant find a wood free floating handguard though) like this one

458-woody-web-2.jpg

I also made some wood panels for my AR grip that would work on the Ruger
1eKXbMx.jpg

Its nice that they made it so many standard ar15 parts are interchangeable. You could put an ar15 wood grip and buttstock on it (I cant find a wood free floating handguard though) like this one

View attachment 285164

I also made some wood panels for my AR grip that would work on the Ruger
View attachment 285165

YES, BUT IT I STILL A PISTOL GRIP AND ILLEGAL IN CALIFORNIA.... Otherwise, pretty cool. I'd like a Thompson style foregrip form my AR pistol.

Very nice work BTW.:)

Brutus Out

I'm surprised it doesn't come in a 300

6.5 Creedmoor shoots flatter. In fact although I am a .308 fan, I don't see the point in this rifle. Might as well concentrate on long range with this gun, and .243 and 6.5 will be better for that.

I got mine just about a year ago, Fell in love as soon as I laid my eyes on it. Shoots real sweet! Runs Hornady 150 gr A match to nice tight little 4 in groups out to 600 meters or so. Got some 168gr match kings to try out in a few weeks to see how she runs with them! Need to get Ruger to make it in a .300 win mag!!!!!

6.5 Creedmoor shoots flatter. In fact although I am a .308 fan, I don't see the point in this rifle. Might as well concentrate on long range with this gun, and .243 and 6.5 will be better for that.

Why do people keep saying this? The 300 WM shooting a 200gr bullet at 2850 fps with .626 BC shoots 3 feet flatter at 1000 than a 6.5 creedmore with a 142gr bullet of the same BC (which it can almost push to 2700 fps). 3 feet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top