JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...I would prefer an all stainless blackened gun, not an alloy frame
I believe I agree with you.

I have 2 - 229's in .40; one is all stainless and the other an alloy frame. I prefer the hardly noticeable recoil of the all stainless over the alloy, and look forward to a 9mm conversion barrel to experience almost no recoil at all.

I believe I agree with you.

I have 2 - 229's in .40; one is all stainless and the other an alloy frame. I prefer the hardly noticeable recoil of the all stainless over the alloy, and look forward to a 9mm conversion barrel to experience almost no recoil at all.

Maybe I am off base but alloy frames with steel slides seem to indicate overall unreliability to me.. the weight does not matter to me, especially in a small BUG

I have never experienced any reliability issues surrounding steel slides and alloy frames. There are differences in wear patterns along the rails, but one would expect that. I imagine that the same is true for polymer framed weapons. The key I have found is proper lubrication.

My preference is solely in response to the weight of the all stainless version, but I wouldn't want to carry this thing, I just like shooting it. I carry a 239 .40 alloy framed / stainless slide; not nearly as heavy and extremely reliable.

I have never experienced any reliability issues surrounding steel slides and alloy frames. There are differences in wear patterns along the rails, but one would expect that. I imagine that the same is true for polymer framed weapons. The key I have found is proper lubrication.

My preference is solely in response to the weight of the all stainless version, but I wouldn't want to carry this thing, I just like shooting it. I carry a 239 .40 alloy framed / stainless slide; not nearly as heavy and extremely reliable.

It could just be the 1911 Officers type guns that have other issues because of the short slides.. I have never owned one after reading a lot of bad reviews. Sig is a different critter altogether

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top